Static Raman Frequencies and Intensities

Alfred Worrad

May 15, 2021, 8:42:59 AM5/15/21
to cp2k

Dear all,

I am new to CP2K and I was wondering if there is a way to calculate static Raman frequencies and intensities. I have seen a lot of resources/documentation that mention the use of AIMD, but I am not ready to jump to any molecular dynamics yet. I have seen that you can get static IR int/freq, but as far as Raman I only see the DO_RAMAN tag which gives the polarizability tensor. If the answer lies deeper in the documentation can someone please point me in a direction.

Thank you in advance for your time,

Alfred

hut...@chem.uzh.ch

May 17, 2021, 9:34:53 AM5/17/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

the automatic calculation of Raman intensities in a vibrational frequencies
run is not implemented. Of course you still get the frequencies and normal modes.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C FAX : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich E-mail: hut...@chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

May 19, 2021, 11:07:27 AM5/19/21