"derivative bigger than 2 not implemented" in TDDFT calculations

李文珂

Nov 2, 2021, 11:08:31 PM11/2/21
to cp2k
Dear all,

I used CP2K 6.1 to conduct TDDFT calculations with truncated PBE0 functional based on ADMM method.

However,  I got an error "derivative bigger than 2 not implemented" .
 * [ABORT] *
* \___/ derivatives bigger than 2 not implemented *
* | *
* O/| *
* /| | *
* / \ xc/xc_xpbe_hole_t_c_lr.F:199 *

I  tried the suggestion in other thread, adding the EXCH_CORRECTION_FUNC PBEX, it did not work neither.

The inputfile is attached.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Wenke
TDDFPT-test.sh

hut...@chem.uzh.ch

Nov 3, 2021, 5:48:39 AM11/3/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

the recent versions of CP2K have an improved TDDFT module.
You want to have a look and check the regtest section for
sample inputs.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie E-mail: hut...@chem.uzh.ch
Universität Zürich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

Jun 28, 2022, 4:59:02 AM6/28/22
to cp2k
Thank you for your timely reply!

I thin the problem is the CP2K can not deal with truncates PBE_HOLE_T_C_LR in TDDFT calculation. It only worked when I removed the &PBE_HOLE_T_C_LR section.

Frederick Stein

Jun 29, 2022, 7:30:03 AM6/29/22
to cp2k
Hi,

CP2K does not implement second derivatives of the PBE_HOLE_T_C_LR functional. If you really need it, you may use numerical 2nd derivatives instead by setting 2ND_DERIV_ANALYTICAL to .FALSE. (see https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-7_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/XC.html#list_2ND_DERIV_ANALYTICAL).

Best,
Frederick