UFF in CP2K

Anton S. Lytvynenko

Mar 30, 2017, 9:05:54 AM3/30/17
to cp2k
Dear developers and users,

as far as I can see CP2K is not able to provide MM calculations with UFF forcefield in FIST module. However, it would be nice to have it for a lot of things. I tried to learn the forcefield-related options and code. Am I right that:

1. In principle, no huge rewriting is needed to implement UFF?
2. CP2K lacks specific bend, torsion and improper function forms that should be added to "mol_force.F" file together with the appropriate keywords in "input_cp2k_mm.F"?

or I miss some significant difficulties?

I am not a great software developer but I'd try if this task doesn't require major efforts.

Thanks in advance.

hut...@chem.uzh.ch

Mar 31, 2017, 4:32:44 AM3/31/17
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

yes, this should be rather straightforward.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut...@chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp...@googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp2k <cp...@googlegroups.com>
From: "Anton S. Lytvynenko"
Sent by: cp...@googlegroups.com
Date: 03/30/2017 03:06PM
Subject: [CP2K:8883] UFF in CP2K

Dear developers and users,
as far as I can see CP2K is not able to provide MM calculations with UFF forcefield in FIST module. However, it would be nice to have it for a lot of things. I tried to learn the forcefield-related options and code. Am I right that:
1. In principle, no huge rewriting is needed to implement UFF?2. CP2K lacks specific bend, torsion and improper function forms that should be added to "mol_force.F" file together with the appropriate keywords in "input_cp2k_mm.F"?
or I miss some significant difficulties?
I am not a great software developer but I'd try if this task doesn't require major efforts.
Thanks in advance.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/cp2k.

Matt W

Mar 31, 2017, 4:41:03 AM3/31/17
to cp2k
I spotted some notes about implementing UFF in a MC code

that might be useful, and maybe some there are some usable parameter files in the source too.

HTH,

Matt

Anton S. Lytvynenko

Mar 31, 2017, 7:22:17 AM3/31/17
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Matt,

thanks for your suggestion, I have been studying this document together with the original paper by Rappe et al, it clarified a lot.

Yours,

Anton.

Mauro Sgroi

Dec 20, 2020, 6:34:00 PM12/20/20
to cp2k
Dear all,
sorry for resuming this old post.
I'm searching in the documentation but I'm a bit confused.
Is UFF implemented in the current version of CP2K?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Mauro Sgroi.

Anton S. Lytvynenko

Dec 21, 2020, 6:09:18 AM12/21/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mauro Sgroi,

21.12.20 01:33, Mauro Sgroi пише:
> sorry for resuming this old post.
> Is UFF implemented in the current version of CP2K?

It's a shame to tell but I actually did not manage to dive into that
development so far -- obviously, simply due to a number of other things
I had to be involved in. Neither I've heard about any other efforts in
that regard.

So, AFAIK, it is not. Despite it still would be nice.

Yours,

Anton

Mauro Sgroi

Dec 21, 2020, 7:03:49 AM12/21/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Anton,
thanks for the reply.
Yes it would be very convenient to have UFF. Maybe just for pre-optimize complex structures produced with packages like packmol.
Best regards,
Mauro.