Problems When Running CP2K Tutorial

Tianshu Jiang

Nov 19, 2019, 1:26:25 AM11/19/19
to cp2k
Hello everyone,

While running 3rd part of tutorial biochemical QMMM , program break down due to the error "geometry wrong or emax_spline too small" .
In another discussion , jgh suggested that we can either use a flexible water FF or add constraints. I want to know where should constraints
should be added.

I have tried add
&CONSTRAINT

&FIXED_ATOMS
 LIST
2132 2120

&END
&END

But there exists another problem.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

hut...@chem.uzh.ch

Nov 19, 2019, 6:22:49 AM11/19/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

this error is usually triggered by a very short bond length.
Please check your geometry. The short bond can also be introduced
during geometry optimization or MD by a bad definition of your
forcefield.
If all of the geometry is ok, have a look at the spline definitions
for your non-bonded forces.
CP2K_INPUT / FORCE_EVAL / MM / FORCEFIELD / SPLINE

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C FAX : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich E-mail: hut...@chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

Apr 16, 2021, 10:20:27 AM4/16/21
to cp2k
I have the same question :GEOMETRY wrong or EMAX_SPLINE too small!
In this example https://www.cp2k.org/exercises:2016_uzh_cmest:first_simulation_run?s[]=spline
EMAX_SPLINE 10000 ! numeric parameter to ensure calculation stability. Should not be changed
Why sets EMAX_SPLINE 10000 to ensure calculation stability ?