WARNING: The Kohn Sham matrix is not 100% occupied

ma455...@gmail.com

May 17, 2021, 12:49:55 AM5/17/21
to cp2k
Hi,

I'm currently calculating a 1700 atoms system using HSE with cp2k 8.1. However, the calculation shows a message of "WARNING in hfx_energy_potential.F:592 :: The Kohn Sham matrix is not 100% occupied.". I have tried reducing EPS_PGF_ORB to extremely small value (1E-80) but the WARNING is still there. I'm wondering is there any other ways to solve this issue? Thanks.

Regards,
Hongyang
si-01-out.txt
si-01-inp.txt

hut...@chem.uzh.ch

May 17, 2021, 10:05:32 AM5/17/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

this is a Warning to remind people that in CP2K the overlap matrix and
the density matrix used in HFX calculations have the same sparsity.
This is due to an ancient design choice and could lead to inaccurate
results. If you are confident, that your choice of parameters is
sufficiently accurate, you can ignore the warning.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C FAX : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich E-mail: hut...@chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

May 17, 2021, 7:42:56 PM5/17/21