I wrote a book to propagate cocos2d python

carmen che

Jul 9, 2020, 9:43:51 AM7/9/20
to cocos2d discuss
Cocos2d Python is such a amazing 2d game framework, at least to me, it is better and more handy to use compared to pygame. not sure why there are just very few people use it.

so i wrote a book to systemly introduce cocos2d python,  this book is in chinese, so it is potencial users are chinese. hopefully it will make a small  contribution to cocos2d's Popularity in china.

lucio

Jul 9, 2020, 10:08:40 AM7/9/20
to cocos2d discuss
Is there a link to the book?

carmen che

Jul 9, 2020, 9:14:14 PM7/9/20
to cocos2d discuss
not yet, it gonna be published as a paper book. here is the cover.

claudio canepa

Jul 9, 2020, 10:59:32 PM7/9/20
to cocos2d discuss
Congrats!

carmen che

Jul 10, 2020, 12:27:28 AM7/10/20
to cocos2d discuss

Hi,Claudio ,

i know now you are the owner of the cocos2d python,  so if you have something wanna say about the book or cocos2d python or anything,  you can send me here, I will let the publish house print them on the back side of the book cover.

many thanks.

Facundo Batista

Jul 10, 2020, 9:11:14 AM7/10/20
to cocos-...@googlegroups.com
Please let us know when it progressed!

Thanks!

--
. Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org.ar/
Twitter: @facundobatista

carmen che

Jul 10, 2020, 11:30:34 PM7/10/20
to cocos2d discuss
and also, i managed to create a link of this book finally, here is the link.
password: mtpb

if you have any suggestions or comments, let me know please.

thanks.

Ivo Fokkema

Jul 16, 2020, 7:07:12 AM7/16/20
to cocos2d discuss
Impressive, well done! Writing such a book is an immense effort, and I hope it will be very successful!

Regards,

Ivo

carmen che

Jul 16, 2020, 8:44:33 AM7/16/20
to cocos2d discuss
Thanks for your reply, Ivo, yeah, it took me so much time on it.

BTW, I would appreciate it a lot if any of you could write some recommendation words or feedbacks or any opinions to this book, so they will be printed on the cover.

claudio canepa

Jul 16, 2020, 1:25:27 PM7/16/20
to cocos2d discuss
On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 9:44 AM carmen che <che.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

BTW, I would appreciate it a lot if any of you could write some recommendation words or feedbacks or any opinions to this book, so they will be printed on the cover.

I tried [0] to access the book and it shows only the begining; the links for download seems to all require some app. I will not install any app.

If you find a way to provide a more friendly  access I can read and comment. In a pinch you can append a chapter in a direct email if anything else fails.

[0] Vivaldi browser with the link provided will display 'page not found'; Vinaldi browser + Bing translator will get to show the window asking for pwd, but no way to input it; Firefox displays the page, allows to enter the pwd and a pdf viewer shows a partial view of the pdf. Navigation done by translating with google translate the visible links / buttons / labels

carmen che

Jul 17, 2020, 9:51:15 PM7/17/20
to cocos2d discuss
Hi,  Claudio , thanks for your reply.

Acctually, i planed to talk you directly through email. but i couldn't be able to find your email address through anywhere.

if it is possible, may you please provide me your email address? so i can send you whole copy of the book.

I really appreciate  if you could write some words of the book.

claudio canepa

Jul 17, 2020, 11:02:16 PM7/17/20
to cocos2d discuss
On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 10:51 PM carmen che <che.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
if it is possible, may you please provide me your email address? so i can send you whole copy of the book.

sure, ccanepacc at gmail

tip: 'git log' is your friend

Cheers