Snowy Owl YES

Gary Faust - Lisa Edwards

Dec 28, 2017, 4:34:33 PM12/28/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
All,

David T. of Red-breasted Sapsucker fame has relocated the Snowy Owl. It can be seen from the school. It is across the road to the north of the school on a roof top.

Lisa Edwards
Palmer Lake, CO

Sent from my iPhone

sheflew

Dec 28, 2017, 5:59:18 PM12/28/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
The owl is still sitting on top of a house looking NE from the eastern edge of the school parking lot.

Sue Riffe
Lyons, CO

Gregg Goodrich

Dec 28, 2017, 8:18:35 PM12/28/17
to Colorado Birds
Thanks to David for the spot and Lisa for the post. We had given up and were heading home when we saw Lisa’s post that David found it. About 30 Birders were thrilled to see it.

It looked healthy. Lots of preening and it even cast a pellet while we watched it in the scope. We saw a kestrel catch a mouse in the same area. So the prey is there but so is the competition.

Hope it hangs on for lots of others to see.

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch

Beth Payne (Beth Payne)

Dec 29, 2017, 9:51:25 AM12/29/17
to greggg...@gmail.com, Colorado Birds
And tomorrow the owl has asked for a day off.

Sent from my iPhone

Brian Johnson

Dec 29, 2017, 8:38:39 PM12/29/17
to Colorado Birds
The snowy owl was present again today. Many people saw it at about 4 PM on a house at 99th Pl and Independence DR, which is accessible from 100th AV. This was a little east of the High School the bird was at yesterday. The owl does seem to favor this area. This was a great way to finish of the year.
Brian Johnson
Englewood CO