Fate of Colorado Birding Society

Tyler Wilson

Jun 20, 2020, 11:46:48 AM6/20/20
to Colorado Birds
The last blog was February 6th and the last RBA was generated on February 8th from what i can tell. Kind of like it ceased to exist without warning. Does anyone have any info on what happened? Or has anyone heard from Richard Stevens or Rebecca Kosten (founders i believe)? It has been bugging me for a while now...

Tyler Wilson
Thornton, CO

Sara Hendrickson

Jun 21, 2020, 12:46:20 PM6/21/20
to wilsons...@hotmail.com, Colorado Birds
No one knows anything? I, too, have been curious since the last blog post as to what might have happened. It's so strange for the cobirders list and cbs to just disappear.

Sara Hendrickson
Denver, CO

Tyler Wilson

Jun 21, 2020, 11:58:12 PM6/21/20
to Colorado Birds
I have been trying to research online, but have come up with nothing much. I am running out of available resources to continue. Someone, somewhere knows something about what happened. It is very fishy is one thing i have discovered. I know Richard (Stevens) had some minor disputes against CFO. And DFO. I don't know how it started but i can catch a vibe. He was an exceptional Colorado birder and there is no logical reason why he would simultaneously shut town COBUS website, COBUS RBA, among other things without warning. It just doesn't make sense. It’s like they vanished off the face of the Earth. I figured if there was anyone who had a bit of something of an idea it would be here.

Tyler Wilson
Thornton,CO

Tyler Wilson

Jun 22, 2020, 12:15:37 PM6/22/20
to Colorado Birds
Thanks for the info Doug and Joe.

I’m certainly not trying to stir the pot here. I guess i am just used to the Colorado birding community being open and transparent as Joe mentioned. I did not bird with him or know him personally. I would occasionally peruse the Cobus website and blog. Mainly it is my curiosity on the matter that has driven me to look into it. But i suppose curiosity killed the cat... It’s nice to learn a bit about Colorado birding history, good or bad.

Tyler Wilson
Thornton,CO