Hooded warbler Arapaho county

Deborah Carstensen

Sep 30, 2019, 1:28:25 PM9/30/19
to Cobirds
Hooded warbler was seen in the thickets across the stream at 39.577202, -104.982320.
It is off the gravel trail that goes from Mineral to the west on Lee Gulch trail. About 50 yards in there is a dead tree with a limb that comes straight out then goes straight up at a 90 degree angle.
Birders were Claire Montour and myself.

Grant- it was shortly after you left, closer to Mineral
Many thanks to Santi Tabares who originally spotted the bird.
The most amazing birds have been found lately in areas that I’ve never even birded before! It was a lifer for me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Matt Crooks

Oct 1, 2019, 6:30:49 PM10/1/19
to Colorado Birds
Still continuing. Further west towards the Kettle Ave access point, took awhile to find.

Matt, Littleton CO

Patrick ODriscoll

Oct 2, 2019, 12:30:07 PM10/2/19
to Colorado Birds
The male Hooded Warbler continues Wednesday morning at Lee Gulch west of Mineral.
Refound @ 9:40 a.m. and just had good looks at it on NORTH side of creek. It was working the trees and thick creek understory at or below eye level about 75 yards east (upstream) of the clearing described by Scott S. a few days ago. Park on Kettle Avenue west of Mineral and walk down to narrow creek crossing (large rocks) across from clearing on south side of gulch to access north side.

Patrick O’Driscoll
Denver

Sent from my iPhone