using clementine on 2 pc's with the exact same mp3s on each (syncing the ratings?)

Jacopo Nono

Aug 26, 2021, 2:46:11 AM8/26/21
to Clementine Music Player
I use clementine on 2 pcs in my network.  One is in my garage, one in my house.  I RSYNC the mp3 files from the House to the Garage about once a week so they are the same.  This serves as a backup, and it keeps my library's the same as i frequently add and delete tracks.

I like to use the rating system of stars.  I do most of my listening in the garage, so my library has many files that have been rated.  Now when I go into the house, none of the songs I rated in the garage show rated.

Is there a way to merge the 2 rate files so that I can have a common listing?  I play my library on "shuffle" so it is quite random on the 2 pcs.

Stephen Menasian

Aug 31, 2021, 1:31:21 PM8/31/21
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Would this work?
From the house rsync -u [other options]
followed by
From the garage rsync -u [other options]
The first rsync would copy any new files from the house to the garage (without
touching any files that are the same and newer in the garage)
The second would update the files in the house to incorporate any changes
made in the garage (i.e. rating)