TTR or MATTR in KIDEVAL?

Amy Wilder

Jul 7, 2022, 8:57:51 PM7/7/22
to chibolts
Hello,

Can you tell me if the FREQ_TTR value in the KIDEVAL output is calculated using a moving-average type-token ration (MATTR) or standard TTR?

Thanks for your help!

Amy

Brian Macwhinney

Jul 7, 2022, 9:10:47 PM7/7/22
to ChiBolts, Amy Wilder
Dear Amy,

KIDEVAL computes the traditional TTR. If you want MATTR, you can use the +b2 option in FREQ independently.

— Brian MacWhinney

Leonid Spektor

Jul 7, 2022, 9:15:35 PM7/7/22
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy,

In KIDEVAL it is just standard TTR. This value is computed from lemmas and not main speaker tier. To compute MATTR you should run FREQ command by itself with +b option.

Leonid.

Amy Wilder

Jul 8, 2022, 10:28:20 AM7/8/22
to chibolts