Spanish MOR question

Kristina Vlahovicova

Feb 7, 2014, 4:41:46 PM2/7/14
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We are having trouble with a few verb forms being recognized by Spanish MOR.

Our examples are

busquémoslo (="let's find it")
sígame (="follow me")

It seems to recognize 'busquemos' and 'búsquelo' just fine; but not 'busquémoslo'. It also recognizes 'sígueme' but not 'sígame'.

Thank you for your help.

Kristina

Brian MacWhinney

Feb 7, 2014, 5:37:33 PM2/7/14
to ChiBolts, Kristina Vlahovicova
Dear Kristina,
    Thanks for the report.  Fixing these Spanish accents is quite tricky.  The one with buscar is going to be particularly difficult. I’ll work on it as soon as I can.

—Brian MacWhinney

Kristina Vlahovic

Feb 11, 2014, 10:33:01 AM2/11/14
to Brian MacWhinney, ChiBolts
Hello Brian,

I just wanted to let you know that we also tried it with other verbs in the same conjugation and it did not work either. For instance, 'hagámoslo', 'leámoslo' have the same problem.

Thank you for your help.

Kristina

Brian MacWhinney

Feb 16, 2014, 2:00:23 PM2/16/14
to chib...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kristina,

    I fixed these just now.  A new version of SPA MOR is on the server.  However, is the correct form leámoslo or leémoslo?
If you have any other good test or problem imperatives or infinitives with clitics, I can add them to the /verbos/0inf.cha.

--Brian MacWhinney

Kristina Vlahovic

Feb 25, 2014, 11:26:19 AM2/25/14
to ChiBolts, Adriana Weisleder
Hello Brian,

I am sorry about the delayed response. Thank you for fixing the SPA MOR -- now both "busquémoslo" and "sígame" are recognized.

In response to your question, to my knowledge, the correct form would be leámoslo (-ámoslo; NOT -émoslo) for verbs whose infinitives end in -er and -ir; and the correct for would be busquémoslo (-émoslo) for verbs whose infinitives end in -ar.

I hope that helps to clarify a little bit.

Thank you,
Kristina