VOCD by word class

Melissa Stockbridge

May 26, 2021, 10:41:36 PM5/26/21
to chibolts
We are interested in taking an exploratory look at VOCD for nouns, verbs, and adjectives. I think I've only ever seen VOCD come out of CLAN as a single value.

Is there a straightforward way to get VOCD by word class?

Thank you!

Brian Macwhinney

May 28, 2021, 1:11:08 PM5/28/21
to ChiBolts, Melissa Stockbridge
Dear Melissa,
If you take a look at the very end of the message you get when you just type “vocd” you will find these examples which basically answer your question. Good luck with this.

Examples:
lemma-based analysis is performed by default
limiting relative diversity (LRD), compare verb and noun stems diversity
vocd +t*CHI +gn"m|v.;*,o%%" +gd"m|n,;*,o%%" filename.cha
vocd +t*CHI +gn"m|v.;*,o%%" +gd"m|n,;*,o%%" +r4 filename.cha

— Brian MacWhinney
Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Language Technologies and Modern Languages, CMU

Melissa Stockbridge

May 28, 2021, 1:39:20 PM5/28/21
to Brian Macwhinney, ChiBolts

Thank you! I’ve never run it outside of eval, but I will look.
Melissa D. Stockbridge, Ph. D., CCC-SLP
Department of Neurology
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences
University of Maryland