More in the app

Eric Sheridan

Jan 20, 2021, 7:02:20 AM1/20/21
to chaos-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

I’ve been passively following this thread thinking about the fact that so much of Chaos Engineering is focused on infrastructure whereas it seems like more could be done in the apps themselves earlier in development.

What if anything are you doing with respect to Chaos Engineering in the build pipeline (CI/CD) or perhaps even on the developers laptop (think building new feature before commit) that would contribute to the goals of chaos engineering?

Sent from my iPhone

Amit Saha

Jan 21, 2021, 1:32:33 AM1/21/21
to Eric Sheridan, Chaos Community
Interesting question - isn't that what we do when fuzz testing or even
quick check style testing in some sense?

I also came across https://github.com/Polly-Contrib/Simmy and another
JVM based tool (and a research paper) where they inject exceptions
that the class declares it may throw and then observes the behavior.