Vertx 3 support

NikNik77771

Jun 26, 2015, 4:18:48 PM6/26/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com
Hello developers

Our company is intended to create a team of 5 java programmers that will produce in-house soft. We decided to use Ceylon and Vertx. One project is practically finished in "Ceylon SE" :).  Would you be able to clarify do you plan to support vertx 3 or it is better to use Ceylon with vertx 2?

Julien Viet

Jun 27, 2015, 2:33:15 AM6/27/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com, NikNik77771
Hi,

at the moment only Vert.x 2 support is available.

I hope we can deliver a Vert.x 3 support at some point because it can provide access to the full Vert.x 3 stack for Ceylon (http://vertx.io/docs/).

--
Julien Viet
www.julienviet.com

On 26 Jun 2015 at 22:18:49, NikNik77771 (nikolay...@gmail.com) wrote:

Hello developers

Our company is intended to create a team of 5 java programmers that will produce in-house soft. We decided to use Ceylon and Vertx. One project is practically finished in "Ceylon SE" :).  Would you be able to clarify do you plan to support vertx 3 or it is better to use Ceylon with vertx 2?

Gavin King

Jun 27, 2015, 9:15:39 AM6/27/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com, NikNik77771

Julien Viet

Jun 27, 2015, 11:56:47 AM6/27/15
to Gavin King, ceylo...@googlegroups.com, NikNik77771
yes that’s definitely something that should start soon.

I said at some point, because generating Ceylon code may require time to achieve.

The Scala code generation is not yet there (maybe for lack of contribution too), I’m not saying Scala == Ceylon of course, I’m just saying that both Scala and Ceylon compiler are quite strict, so far we have been code generating only dynamic languages (JS, Ruby and Groovy).

I will keep you informed as soon as I have some proof of concept.

--
Julien Viet
www.julienviet.com

Gavin King

Jun 27, 2015, 4:54:34 PM6/27/15
to Julien Viet, ceylo...@googlegroups.com, NikNik77771
Yeah, in fact I already knew that. I just wanted you to clarify it for
Nikolay's benefit :-)

NikNik77771

Jun 27, 2015, 4:59:56 PM6/27/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com, jul...@julienviet.com, nikolay...@gmail.com
Ceylon support in vertx 3 will be my best benefit :)

Gavin King

Jun 27, 2015, 5:02:32 PM6/27/15
to ceylo...@googlegroups.com, Julien Viet, Nikolay Rychkov