Transom Cored?

Jonathan Salter

Dec 17, 2021, 2:19:20 PM12/17/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know off hand if the transom has a wood core?

Sent from my iPhone

Juan Galan

Jan 10, 2022, 6:26:59 PM1/10/22
to catal...@googlegroups.com
It might depend on hull#??
I have had good experiences with customer service at Catalina - call them!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/787234B8-2AF4-44CF-8520-49DB4AA60C0A%40gmail.com.

Jonathan Salter

Jan 25, 2022, 11:28:45 PM1/25/22
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Ok, well I can at least confirm for Hull #9, it was wood cored. Removed my aft/transom pump out port today in preparation for my diesel heater, which I plan to run the exhaust out the same spot. I’ve previously done the pump out relocation which as mentioned many times on here, is a must for early hulls.

One more piece of info sharing, I was worried about how to get the old pump out port to let lose from the hull. Ended up making my own tool to pull it. Used a piece of lumber, with a lug bolt run through it, and put the bolt through the port from the inside. Then on the outer transom had a drilled out board, and put the bolt through with a washer and nut on the outside. Then I added two small boards as spacers between the tightening board and the transom.

Sounds confusing, but here’s some pictures that will hopefully help. Anyway, it worked great.

Sent from my iPhone