checking on cc messages

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 17, 2021, 11:22:04 PM9/17/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Aaron and Mary,

With CC in your message Mary will receive your message. Understood. Now do I
have to put cc in my messages too for Mary to receive mine? Or, will she
always receive the message as long as your message with the CC is somewhere
in it. This reminds me, Dani said a friend would like to join, that may not
be the case any longer, of course, but would this be a way other people can
be part of our informal puzzling of one kind or another or pleasant chat?

We just had an earthquake. Felt like the house was picked up and dropped.
Big bump, no long waves means that the epicenter is fairly close. It was
about 25 miles from here and was a 4.4. After getting over being startled,
we haven't had one of these in a while, I put my shoes on. May wear them to
bed.

No worries.

Rosemarie

Aaron Helmle

Sep 18, 2021, 5:24:15 PM9/18/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com, mewar...@gmail.com
Up at the top where it says who the message is going to, the cc field should include Mary. If it is my message and you do a reply to all it should put her back in there. If you do a simple reply it will only go to the mailing list, which I think she isn't getting.

But she did comment on the person wanting to join the group. We have no way of adding a person. That has to be done from the account on google and Sarah is the only one with the password.

Mary says you can't start any new google groups any more, it has to be through another service.

So, much as we would like her to join we can't add her. The best we can do is send her some puzzles or put her on the cc line also. Then we do a reply to all and it would go to Mary and also go to her.

Maybe there is another way. Somewhere in the back of my cluttered mind there is a spark of an idea, but if I try to fan the spark it might go out, or I might get brain freeze.

Hope there was no damage to your house with that big bump. A friend of mine in Alaska had a pretty good one last year. She actually slept under the table for about a week. I forget how strong it was, she lives near Anchorage. She did have most of her glasses and plates broken. The cabinet doors were all open and the floor was a mess.

Okay, it is 4 in the afternoon here and I am just getting my computer cranked up for the day.

aaron

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 18, 2021, 10:48:38 PM9/18/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com, mewar...@gmail.com
Alt L is the command that did something that looks like the right thing. Looking above, the cc line has Mary's address on it and the line above it has the list address as it should be.

No damage at all here, at least not with my home. This one was startling because we've not had one for a very long time, and because it started with a giant jolt and bang. Also they can come in swarms, so I kept my shoes close just in case things got radical. I do know what your friend went through. We've been through some real dillies over the years. Some last minutes, get louder as they go along, make everything creak and groan, and can sound like a train coming through. Rather interesting to hear a train when there are no tracks in the area. Under a table is good as long as she kept her shoes handy.

Learned something about email today. Nice to learn something new provided it isn't too painful. Smiling. And, of course, it needs to actually work.

Rosemarie
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000201d7acd3%248487acc0%248d970640%24%40att.net.

Aaron Helmle

Sep 19, 2021, 11:04:09 AM9/19/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com, mewar...@gmail.com
Yes - it looks like the mail went to Mary as well as the list. So, well done.

Now, as far as Dani's friend, we can cc them too. And where is Dani? I haven't seen her in a while and certainly not since we started mailing back and forth.

Aaron
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/001901d7ad00%24da66e2a0%248f34a7e0%24%40verizon.net.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 19, 2021, 12:35:13 PM9/19/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com, mewar...@gmail.com
I've not heard from Dani since the list came alive for a short time many months ago.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000201d7ad67%2497f8f130%24c7ead390%24%40att.net.

Aaron Helmle

Sep 19, 2021, 1:17:15 PM9/19/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe it was Mary that said Dani had a friend that wanted to join the list. But - it was said. I don't know when, but it was there.

Mary is even talking about putting together a new Blind Sudoku list. She is trying to learn how. I will leave that to her. I can't even use the computers she has any more. She is using Mac, sometimes Windows and all the monitors in there are tiny. You know, tiny by my standards.

I did get a new TV. I rationalized it to myself as adaptive equipment. I like it. The only problem is that when a picture of a waterfall comes on the screen the living room floods.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/006801d7ad74%244dcd7100%24e9685300%24%40verizon.net.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 20, 2021, 1:40:34 PM9/20/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
A flooded living room, now there is one terrific TV. Reminds me of the crazy idea of putting scent sensors in tvs or maybe it was computers. No thanks to that. However, I've always wanted a lap pool in my living room. Is it one of these smart TVs? Can Mary operate it or if she's not interested, can you shut your eyes and operate it easily ? I would like to have an on line TV of some reasonable kind, that is, can be used without too much trauma.

Does anyone have Dani's address?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000001d7ad7a%242f329b20%248d97d160%24%40att.net.

Aaron Helmle

Sep 20, 2021, 3:40:54 PM9/20/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com, mewar...@gmail.com
I can't operate the TV without vision. One of the problems is that I am a cord cutter. I have no cable Tv service. Partially because of that I have 3 video sources. First is the antenna for local channels. Second is the DVD for movies. Third is the Amazon Fire Stick. Through that I access several other sources, Hulu, You Tube and HBO. And we are on Amazon prime, so I can tune in movies from there. It all gets very confusing, but I am never without something to watch.

Mary says she can't respond to a message that goes through the list. If you want you can mail her directly. She has ways to access TV and lots of described stuff. Just copy her mail address from the cc and send it to her directly.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/001001d7ae46%249a5c4140%24cf14c3c0%24%40verizon.net.

Rosemarie Grayley

Sep 20, 2021, 5:24:27 PM9/20/21
to blind-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Mary's address is now in my address book so that will be easy.

Her note came to me before yours, so her address is there at the top and I put the list address under CC so we'll see what new kind of mayhem will result.

Complicated TV stuff for you.

Thank goodness I've still an ordinary aerial on the roof so I do get the regular channels. Still, I'm leery of spending big bucks only to find I cannot operate the thing. The $150 extra bucks for cable TV was not worth it, so a smart TV for online did seemed to be the solution. I don't care overly much because guests usually show up to eat, not to watch TV.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blind-sudoku/000001d7ae57%246b09a160%24411ce420%24%40att.net.