cmake Google benchmark producing error: <TARGET_OBJECTS:donotoptimize_assembly_test>

daher...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2019, 8:25:09 AM6/4/19
to benchmark-discuss
1. Description

I am trying to install [google benchmark][1] on my machine:

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

I followed the steps that are described in the google benchmark git repository.

$ git clone https://github.com/google/benchmark.git
$ git clone https://github.com/google/googletest.git benchmark/googletest
$ mkdir build && cd build
$ cmake ../benchmark
$ make
2. cmake Error

The problem is that when I run `$ cmake ../benchmark` **version 3.5.1** it produces the following which is turn is affecting the make in the end. Is there something that I am missing. I followed the steps to the letter?

CMake Error at test/AssemblyTests.cmake:28 (add_custom_target):
Error evaluating generator expression:

$<TARGET_OBJECTS:donotoptimize_assembly_test>

The evaluation of the TARGET_OBJECTS generator expression is only suitable
for consumption by CMake. It is not suitable for writing out elsewhere.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
test/CMakeLists.txt:206 (add_filecheck_test)

CMake Error at test/AssemblyTests.cmake:28 (add_custom_target):
Error evaluating generator expression:

$<TARGET_OBJECTS:state_assembly_test>

The evaluation of the TARGET_OBJECTS generator expression is only suitable
for consumption by CMake. It is not suitable for writing out elsewhere.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
test/CMakeLists.txt:207 (add_filecheck_test)

CMake Error at test/AssemblyTests.cmake:28 (add_custom_target):
Error evaluating generator expression:

$<TARGET_OBJECTS:clobber_memory_assembly_test>

The evaluation of the TARGET_OBJECTS generator expression is only suitable
for consumption by CMake. It is not suitable for writing out elsewhere.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
test/CMakeLists.txt:208 (add_filecheck_test)

Dominic Hamon

Jun 4, 2019, 8:56:40 AM6/4/19
to daher...@gmail.com, benchmark-discuss
@EricWF: this looks related to your assembly tests... might we have a missing dependency check?

Dominic Hamon | Google
There are no bad ideas; only good ideas that go horribly wrong.

Message has been deleted