Using the Hook plugin to replace CopyArtifacts

Bearcat Şándor

May 21, 2019, 4:34:27 PM5/21/19
to beets
When i import an album I usually have a sub-directory in my source directory called 'artwork' that i'd like to move into the final directory for the album, but the CopyArtifacts plugin seems long dead. It looks like there's a way to accomplish this with the Hook plugin. Looking at the Plugin Events page, i'm not sure which event i'd use. I'd like this to be the last thing that fires off as part of an import or a move command.

Could you lend a hand? I've a feeling that it's simple.

Adrian Sampson

May 21, 2019, 4:53:09 PM5/21/19
to beets
Hmm; maybe `import_task_files`? That happens right after the actual music files moved. By inspecting the `task` object, you might be able to pull out enough information about the source and destination to do the work you need to do.

Adrian