Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Rick Mann

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 19:01:3118/4/16
a Beagle Board
There's not quite a 1-1 correspondence between black and green DTS files. I wouldn't expect there to be, except where the hardware on the two overlap.

In this specific case, I noticed that while there is a am335x-boneblack-audio-emmc.dts, there's no corresponding am335x-bonegreen-audio-emmc.dts. It seems the boneblack one is equivalent to the am335x-bonegreen.dts plus two entries for clk_mcasp0. I assume the lack of an explicit am335x-bonegreen-audio-emmc.dts is just a minor oversight? I can imagine it gets unwieldy to try to have every possible .dts for each of the boards.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a more specific reason why the green version of the file doesn't exist.

I used am335x-boneblack-audio-emmc.dts, and it seems to work fine in 4.4.7-bone-rt-r9 (aside from the other audio issues that arise).

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com

Rick Mann

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 20:23:5018/4/16
a Beagle Board
Update: I think *I* created am335x-boneblack-audio-emmc.dts, adding to my own confusion. Sorry about that.
-------------

Robert Nelson

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 20:59:4718/4/16
a Beagle Board
I'm just lazy, I'd like to figure out how to make the "extra" in am335x-boneblack-audio-emmc.dts work in the overlay... (thus we would not need the special "dtb"..)

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Rick Mann

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 21:17:4818/4/16
a beagl...@googlegroups.com
It used to work, even in some early 4.0.x or 4.1.x kernels, I thought. Not sure, though; been a while. I'm not very good about documenting each change and recording the outcome (it's hard when you're in a trial-and-error cycle, and then walk away for days or weeks). I end up repeating experiments a lot :-(
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYgPUQmNe5ZY0Cg09a9b8KB6JXr%3Dnvazcxio69HD%2BYufRg%40mail.gmail.com.

Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com

William Hermans

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 21:32:5518/4/16
a beagl...@googlegroups.com
Force yourself to write a diary every day. Or worklog if you prefer that term.

Robert Nelson

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 21:40:0118/4/16
a Beagle Board

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
It used to work, even in some early 4.0.x or 4.1.x kernels, I thought. Not sure, though; been a while. I'm not very good about documenting each change and recording the outcome (it's hard when you're in a trial-and-error cycle, and then walk away for days or weeks). I end up repeating experiments a lot :-(

+ push everything you do a private git tree..  Or a private internal wiki..

There's many times i've found something i tried years ago, but finally figured it out..  Even if initially looked like crap, keep it..

my short term memory is pretty much toast, writing it down is the only way my mind remembers..

Regards,

William Hermans

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 21:58:2618/4/16
a beagl...@googlegroups.com
Or a private internal wiki..

Care to elaborate on that Robert ?

William Hermans

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 22:02:0018/4/16
a beagl...@googlegroups.com
So this got me thinking. You *could* write up a quick Nodejs or AngularJS app, that is exactly like the example todo app tutorials out there. Except, in reverse( if that makes sense ).

What I'd really prefer though is some way my console is automatically recorded, that does not introduce a lot of gibberish, like puTTY likes to do . . .

Robert Nelson

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 22:03:2718/4/16
a Beagle Board
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 8:58 PM, William Hermans <yyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Or a private internal wiki..

Care to elaborate on that Robert ?

eewiki.net. ;)  There's lot of private pages i haven't pushed...

before that i ran mediawiki on one of my arm boards at work...

Regards,

Mike

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 22:06:2118/4/16
a beagl...@googlegroups.com
On 04/18/2016 10:01 PM, William Hermans wrote:
So this got me thinking. You *could* write up a quick Nodejs or AngularJS app, that is exactly like the example todo app tutorials out there. Except, in reverse( if that makes sense ).

What I'd really prefer though is some way my console is automatically recorded, that does not introduce a lot of gibberish, like puTTY likes to do . . .

man script

Mike

William Hermans

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 22:06:3018/4/16
a beagl...@googlegroups.com
eewiki.net. ;)  There's lot of private pages i haven't pushed...

before that i ran mediawiki on one of my arm boards at work...

Regards,

I understood that, but what is the technology you used ? git is easy to understand, at least for me. You push, and add a comment. that is self explanatory. But  a wiki . . . I never used one, so not really familiar with how that would work.

Robert Nelson

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 22:08:5918/4/16
a Beagle Board
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:06 PM, William Hermans <yyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
eewiki.net. ;)  There's lot of private pages i haven't pushed...

before that i ran mediawiki on one of my arm boards at work...

Regards,

I understood that, but what is the technology you used ? git is easy to understand, at least for me. You push, and add a comment. that is self explanatory. But  a wiki . . . I never used one, so not really familiar with how that would work.

Oh, just a step by step set of instructions like:

Just not as pretty. ;)

Regards,

William Hermans

no leída,
18 abr 2016, 22:15:2818/4/16
a beagl...@googlegroups.com
Oh, just a step by step set of instructions like:

Just not as pretty. ;)

Regards,

Ah, so in other words, pretty much what I already do. Except I use txt files.  It can be a lot of tedious manual copy / paste though.

@Mike, Yes, I know of script, and I do not remember why I do not use it, but decided against it a few years back for some reason . . . most probably it did not format what actually happen at the console well.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos