[ANN] BBEdit 13.1.2

Rich Siegel

Jul 15, 2020, 10:15:57 AM7/15/20
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Good { morning, afternoon, evening },

We are pleased to announce the release and immediate
availability of BBEdit 13.1.2. This is a free update for anyone
using BBEdit 13, and includes a number of fixes for reported
problems, as well as all the new features and refinements
previously released as part of the BBEdit 13 and 13.1 upgrades.

A complete digest of the changes is available here:

<https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/notes-13.1.2.html>

If you're already using BBEdit 13 (outside of the Mac App
Store), you can choose "Check for Updates" from the BBEdit menu,
or get the update from the BBEdit updates page:

<https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/updates.html>

For those using an older version: if you would like to upgrade
your paid BBEdit license, you are welcome to do so, starting here:

<https://www.barebones.com/store/bbedit_upgrades.html>.

If you purchased a BBEdit 12 license directly from us (or using
our FastSpring web store) on or after May 1, 2019, you have been
sent a free license upgrade, to the email address you used when
purchasing. If you did not receive this, please check your spam traps.

BBEdit 13 is also available in the Mac App Store. If you have an
active subscription, all of BBEdit 13's advanced features are
active immediately: no additional purchase is required.

Meanwhile, BBEdit offers a 30-day evaluation period. During that
period, all of BBEdit’s features are available. When it ends,
you can still use BBEdit — with no nag screens or unsolicited
interruptions, for free, forever.

After the evaluation period, you may re-enable all of BBEdit’s
exclusive features at any time by purchasing a license (at a
discount, if you have a paid license for a previous version).

<https://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/download.html>

Enjoy,

R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they
sedate me.

RobStevenson

Jul 21, 2020, 3:07:03 PM7/21/20
to BBEdit Talk
Out of curiosity, and because I like to keep just barely current with geekery, what does "sandboxed" refer to in the dialog box (yes, I'm that old school) that pops up telling me a new version of BBEdit is now available. Also, how does a "focused maintenance update" differ from just an update?

Thanks,

Rob

Sam Hathaway

Jul 21, 2020, 3:44:08 PM7/21/20
to BBEdit Talk
On 21 Jul 2020, at 15:05, RobStevenson wrote:

> what does "sandboxed" refer to in the dialog box
> that pops up telling me a new version of BBEdit is now
> available.

http://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/AppSandboxing.html

Rob Stevenson

Jul 21, 2020, 6:21:50 PM7/21/20
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sam. My geekiness has been suitably topped up — for the near future at least.

Rob

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
---

Jakob Peterhänsel

Jul 21, 2020, 7:28:04 PM7/21/20
to BBedit Group
Hi BB,

9+ hours later, my BBEdit version 13.1.2 (414058, 64-bit, sandboxed), still reports “You are running the latest available version.” when checking.

Is it a distributed update service, that takes a little while, or is the release same build as last seed?
> --
> This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BBEdit Talk" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bbedit/r480Ps-10146i-2038B3CEFD3E4B459942E48F4AA7AE90%40Stormwind.local.

Bruce Van Allen

Jul 21, 2020, 7:49:00 PM7/21/20
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
On 7/22/20 at 4:27 PM, maroo...@gmail.com (Jakob
Peterhänsel) wrote:

>my BBEdit version 13.1.2 (414058, 64-bit, sandboxed), still
>reports “You are running the latest available version.”
>when checking.

That's what it says over here, too. I think that IS the latest.

I was running the pre-release beta build 414055, and "Check for
Updates..." installed the version/build above when the notice
came from Rich.

Have I misunderstood what you were expecting?

--

- Bruce

_bruce__van_allen__santa_cruz__ca_

Jakob Peterhänsel

Jul 21, 2020, 7:54:13 PM7/21/20
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce,

Well, I just seem to recall that that version is some days old.. so was expecting a new build.. unless it’s the golden master 😉

Venligst,

Jakob Peterhänsel
- fra et sted ude i verden.

> Den 22. jul. 2020 kl. 01.48 skrev Bruce Van Allen <b...@cruzio.com>:
> --
> This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BBEdit Talk" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bbedit/r480Ps-10146i-951FA450191541F3B3EB4235CED4215B%40Forest.local.

Patrick Woolsey

Jul 22, 2020, 10:04:12 AM7/22/20
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
On Jul 21, 2020, at 19:27, Jakob Peterhänsel <maroo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 9+ hours later, my BBEdit version 13.1.2 (414058, 64-bit, sandboxed), still reports “You are running the latest available version.” when checking.
>
> Is it a distributed update service, that takes a little while, or is the release same build as last seed?

Neither :-), the last beta we posted here was BBEdit 13.1.2 (414055) while BBEdit 13.1.2 (414058) is indeed the public release.

Regards,

Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc. <https://www.barebones.com/>

Patrick Woolsey

Jul 22, 2020, 10:08:08 AM7/22/20
to bbe...@googlegroups.com

What Sam said. :-)

> Also, how does a "focused maintenance update" differ from just an update?

A focused maintenance update contains only changes and fixes, and does not introduce any new features.

Rob Stevenson

Jul 22, 2020, 11:01:49 AM7/22/20
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Patrick.