bareos-fd debug level

Oleg Volkov

Jun 7, 2020, 8:35:07 AM6/7/20
to bareos-users
Hi, All

According to "man bareos-fd" there is "-d nn" option to set up debug level.
Do anybody know what "nn" should be ?

Andrei Brezan

Jun 7, 2020, 9:24:36 AM6/7/20
to Oleg Volkov, bareos-users
I usually use 150 or 100. You can check the source code for debug
messages to see their level is you know where your issues are happening,
one example is
https://github.com/bareos/bareos/blob/master/core/src/plugins/filed/BareosFdPluginPerconaXtraBackup.py#L165

--
Andrei

Oleg Volkov

Jun 7, 2020, 9:40:42 AM6/7/20
to bareos-users
Thank you,
I see debug messages comes to console.
Is it possible to forward them to /var/log/bareos/something.log or SYSLOG ?
There is rare error on client side that I need to catch.

Andreas Rogge

Jun 8, 2020, 4:52:25 AM6/8/20
to bareos...@googlegroups.com
You can use "setdebug trace=1 level=NN client=XXX" on the director to
enable tracing on the client. This will log all debug messages to a file
(the setdebug command will output the location of the tracefile).

Best Regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Rogge andrea...@bareos.com
Bareos GmbH & Co. KG Phone: +49 221-630693-86

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
Geschäftsführer: S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, J. Steffens, Philipp Storz

signature.asc

aeron...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2020, 3:06:36 PM8/13/20
to bareos...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to cause the tray monitor to start as open rather than in
the Tray.

on my Ubuntu 18.04, I can not figure out how to get the icon to show up
so I an can open window for viewing.

thanks for any help

bee