Rados Storage Backend

Rick Tuk

May 12, 2020, 6:21:45 AM5/12/20
to bareos...@googlegroups.com
LS,

I’m running Bareos 19.2.7 on Ubuntu 18.04 with the Rados Storage Backend
My device configuration looks like this:

Device {
Name = RadosDevice
Archive Device = "Rados Device"
Device Options = "conffile=/etc/ceph/ceph.conf,poolname=bareos,clustername=ceph,username=client.bareos,striped,stripe_unit=4194304,object_size=67108864,stripe_count=12"
Maximum Block Size = 4194304
Media Type = RadosFile
Device Type = rados
Label Media = yes
Random Access = yes
Automatic Mount = yes
Removable Media = no
Always Open = no
}

In my pools I have setup Maximum Volume Bytes = 10G

When I list the files on rados with "rados --id bareos --keyring /etc/ceph/ceph.client.bareos.keyring -p bareos ls —striper” I expect to see my volumes, however it does not show anything
When I list the files on rados without the —striper option I see a lot of volumes with high volume numbers.

Also, the highest throughput I’m currently seeing Is about 6MB/s while everything is connected using gigabit

Installed relevant packages:
bareos-common/unknown,now 19.2.7-2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
bareos-filedaemon/unknown,now 19.2.7-2 amd64 [installed]
bareos-storage/unknown,now 19.2.7-2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
bareos-storage-ceph/unknown,now 19.2.7-2 amd64 [installed]
ceph-common/stable,now 14.2.9-1bionic amd64 [installed]
libradosstriper1/stable,now 14.2.9-1bionic amd64 [installed,automatic]

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Rick Tuk

Rick Tuk

May 20, 2020, 4:43:49 AM5/20/20
to bareos-users
LS,

my settings are based on a post from Alexander Kushnirenko (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bareos-users/hnLJrH60GHU)
if there is anything I am missing I would very much appreciate the help.

Rick

Sylvain Donnet

Jun 5, 2020, 1:49:27 PM6/5/20
to bareos-users
Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay of my answer, but I just discover your question.

We were using same configuration, but we have had a lot of troubles with it (problems of striper, repetitive crashes, slowness, ...).

We have reconfigured BAREOS for an S3 approach on our CEPH cluster.
So, you have to :
- create a gateway for S3 on CEPH, and create bucket,
- switch bareos storages to droplets, instead of rados.

It is well documented on Bareos docs, and it just works !

Take care of your Linux distribution for Bareos. the droplet libraries are not available on all distri.

My two cents

Sylvain

Rick Tuk

Jun 5, 2020, 3:21:07 PM6/5/20
to Sylvain Donnet, bareos-users
Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for the reply.
I would like to use the droplet implementation. This was the first thing I looked at, however we are running Ubuntu 18.04 exclusively and the packages are not available for this distro.

Are there any plans from bareos to create these packages for Ubuntu?