Backup, here automatic deletion of the storage medium when the expiry time has expired

Stefan Harbich

Jul 28, 2020, 5:30:37 AM7/28/20
to bareos-users
Hello,

my backups are saved in the NAS. For this I have created a file as memory.
When the storage medium expires, the file in the NAS is not deleted. Since my storage medium is slowly becoming full, my question is: "How do I get my expired storage medium to be deleted automatically when it expires. So that storage space is freed up again?" In other words, no space is made free.

Greetings from Stefan

J. Echter

Jul 28, 2020, 5:43:42 AM7/28/20
to bareos...@googlegroups.com

Am 28.07.20 um 11:30 schrieb Stefan Harbich:

you should read this

https://docs.bareos.org/TasksAndConcepts/VolumeManagement.html

Maybe some settings you made prevents the volume from being recycled, the volumes are never deleted.

Greetings

Juergen

DUCARROZ Birgit

Jul 28, 2020, 6:03:22 AM7/28/20
to J. Echter, bareos...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Adapt your pools.
Example for Full pool:

vi /etc/bareos/bareos-dir.d/pool/Full.conf
(...)
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
Volume Retention = 220 days # How long should the Full
Backups be kept? (#06)
Job Retention = 219 days
File Retention = 218 days
(...)

Then bconsole
*update

1: Volume parameters
13: All Volumes from Pool
(then select your adapted pool)

--> this updates the retention periodes

Note: File Retention < Job Retention < Volume Retention

Kind regards,
Birgit