Autobahn:Android support WAMPv2?

rice....@ragedragon.com

Jul 7, 2014, 12:48:26 AM7/7/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My WAMP server is v2 and now I would like to build Android Application with using WAMPv2.
May I know the following?
1. What are the differences between WAMPv1 and v2?
2. Is it easy to modify current Autobahn:Android (WAMPv1) to support WAMPv2 basic functions?
3. If the above cannot be done, is it possible for me to use AutobahnJS in Android webview to archive the same result?

Thanks.
Rice

Tobias Oberstein

Jul 7, 2014, 9:42:18 AM7/7/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Am 07.07.2014 06:48, schrieb rice....@ragedragon.com:
> Hi,
>
> My WAMP server is v2 and now I would like to build Android Application
> with using WAMPv2.
> May I know the following?
> 1. What are the differences between WAMPv1 and v2?

WAMP2 builds on WAMP1 regarding core concepts. There are too many
differences in detail to cover here. Please compare the specs:

http://wamp.ws/spec/
http://wamp.ws/spec/wamp1/

> 2. Is it easy to modify current Autobahn:Android (WAMPv1) to support
> WAMPv2 basic functions?

It's not hard, but significant work.

> 3. If the above cannot be done, is it possible for me to use AutobahnJS
> in Android webview to archive the same result?

You can use AutobahnJS in Cordova/Phonegap apps today, when the
underlying WebView supports WebSocket (means: Android 4.4+).

When we have WAMP-over-HTTP/longpoll finished in AutobahnJS, you will
also be able to do so with older WebViews.

Cheers,
/Tobias

> Thanks.
> Rice

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/bfed4e77-f504-49a3-8db8-e99e931c5a50%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/bfed4e77-f504-49a3-8db8-e99e931c5a50%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

rice....@ragedragon.com

Jul 7, 2014, 12:12:28 PM7/7/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I get some follow up questions.
Would you please help?

1. Is WAMP-over-HTTP/longpoll finished in AutobahnJS?
2. Or can I simply do something like http://foretribe.blogspot.hk/2013/08/how-to-make-android-webview-support.html in order to make websocket work in older Android webview to support AutobahnJS for WAMPv2?

Thanks
Rice

Tobias Oberstein於 2014年7月7日星期一UTC+8下午9時42分18秒寫道: