sqlbridge for Autobahn v2

Greg Fausak

Nov 7, 2014, 10:23:55 AM11/7/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
I've published sqlbridge, a database access layer for Autobahn.  I've uploaded to pypi, it supports Postgres, Mysql and Sqlite (although I only use Postgres).  I'd like to thank Netsocket, the company I work for, for their support while writing the code. Also, Tobias for his expert direction along the way.  My main reason for releasing this code is to get some help :-)  Thank you, your comments are welcome.

I am new to pypi, let me know if you have installation problems.  This is a work in progress.  I have this working on python, version 2.7, twisted, *nix.  There is a lot of room for improvement (python 3, asyncio, windows, etc).

Tobias Oberstein

Nov 9, 2014, 6:27:18 AM11/9/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

awesome - congrats on this new tool!

> I've published sqlbridge, a database access layer for Autobahn. I've
> uploaded to pypi, it supports Postgres, Mysql and Sqlite (although I
> only use Postgres). I'd like to thank Netsocket, the company I work
> for, for their support while writing the code. Also, Tobias for his
> expert direction along the way. My main reason for releasing this code
> is to get some help :-) Thank you, your comments are welcome.

I've tested this in Windows connecting to a PostgreSQL and Crossbar.io
instance running in a VM.

Installation works without problems. Then I tested sqlbridge + running
queries via sqlcmd. Works also!

> I am new to pypi, let me know if you have installation problems. This
> is a work in progress. I have this working on python, version 2.7,
> twisted, *nix. There is a lot of room for improvement (python 3,
> asyncio, windows, etc).

One cool addition that shows off the potential would be a simple
HTML5/JS client that lets me run arbitrary SQL. With sqlcmd, people
might wonder why not just use psql in the end;)

Cheers,
/Tobias
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/a80a0a31-16ff-408f-8dfa-62ba7b297fb2%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/a80a0a31-16ff-408f-8dfa-62ba7b297fb2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Greg Fausak

Nov 12, 2014, 10:41:08 PM11/12/14
to autob...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, November 9, 2014 5:27:18 AM UTC-6, Tobias Oberstein wrote:
Hi Greg,

awesome - congrats on this new tool!

 > I've published sqlbridge, a database access layer for Autobahn.  I've
> uploaded to pypi, it supports Postgres, Mysql and Sqlite (although I
> only use Postgres).  I'd like to thank Netsocket, the company I work
> for, for their support while writing the code. Also, Tobias for his
> expert direction along the way.  My main reason for releasing this code
> is to get some help :-)  Thank you, your comments are welcome.

I've tested this in Windows connecting to a PostgreSQL and Crossbar.io
instance running in a VM.

Installation works without problems. Then I tested sqlbridge + running
queries via sqlcmd. Works also!

thanks for the testing.  I'm amazed it works on Windows.

> I am new to pypi, let me know if you have installation problems.  This
> is a work in progress.  I have this working on python, version 2.7,
> twisted, *nix.  There is a lot of room for improvement (python 3,
> asyncio, windows, etc).

One cool addition that shows off the potential would be a simple
HTML5/JS client that lets me run arbitrary SQL. With sqlcmd, people
might wonder why not just use psql in the end;)

I added a single page web server the the sqlrouter command which will serve up a single javascript web page and connect back to the web socket.  The page is super ugly but it works for queries and operations.  I started by creating a directory, putting the javascript in there, but then I needed to start a web server.  I looked a little closer at twisted, it can easily run the web server and host the page right in the python.  Makes my testing and pypi installation easier.

-g

Cheers,
/Tobias