How to build aapt2 for macOS?

Chen Dai

Mar 20, 2023, 11:22:04 PM3/20/23
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Because of "Platform development on MacOS isn't supported as of June 22, 2021"
Is there somewhere I can find out how to build the aapt2 for mac?

Thanks a lot!

Dan Willemsen

Mar 20, 2023, 11:28:02 PM3/20/23
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Building device images is not supported on MacOS as of then, but we still support building the SDK tools. You will need to checkout the source tree on a case-sensitive filesystem (apfs works, it just needs a case-sensitive volume set up). Other than repo, the only thing you should need to install is Xcode and/or the xcode command line tools, but most of the same instructions for Linux should work otherwise. Then to build aapt2, you just need to run something like:

  source build/envsetup.sh
  lunch aosp_arm-eng
  m aapt2

- Dan