Does the Jnani retain his name-form in Mukti? An article in Kannada

V Subrahmanian

Apr 17, 2023, 11:49:33 PM4/17/23
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, Advaitin
The Madhwa school holds that the rivers do not give up their name-form while merging in the ocean.   So too the Jnani does not give up his name form in Mukti. This article by an Advaitin scholar addresses this objection of the Madhwa School in an extremely great detail. It is available only on this link:

Bhaskar YR

Apr 18, 2023, 12:52:43 AM4/18/23
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, Advaitin, V Subrahmanian
praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, as per some traditionalists!! It is just because after mukti / mOksha / paramArtha jnana, his senses continue to function in a 'normal' way (as per bhAshya reference) so 'a' jnAni as per his prArabdha might have the avidyA lesha also ( like seeing dviteeya Chandra / dighbhrAnta etc.) and hence when he is living in a physical body he is there very much identifying his individuality. Note, these sampradaya vAdins argue that : this state of jnAni is NOT the vyAvahArika drushti of some ajnAni-s who are still seeing the jnAni in a physical body but it is 'siddhAnta drushti' as per Advaita. After physical death of the jnAni ONLY he will get 'mukhya' mukti, whatever jnana/muktAvastha etc. said or attributed on the jnAni when he is physically living is 'gauNa' not mukhya. And further, even after mukhya mukti, some elevated souls like apAntaratama-s dragging their own prArabdha and as per the order of paramAtma may again take birth like vyAsa (again based on shankara bhAshya reference).

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar YR

Suresh Balaraman

Apr 18, 2023, 1:10:34 AM4/18/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com
All form names are given by jeevathmas,including names as Nirguna/Saguna Brahman,my 2cent observation 🙏🕉️

Suresh Balaraman

> On Apr 18, 2023, at 12:52 AM, 'Bhaskar YR' via advaitin <adva...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> praNAms

V Subrahmanian

Apr 18, 2023, 2:11:07 AM4/18/23
to Advaitin, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
The post is not about the Advaitic view. It's rather the Dvaita view which holds mukta jivas will be in Vaikuntha, etc. enjoying women, etc. hogas forever.  For this purpose there has to be a body etc for the mukta. This is not prarabbdha according to them.

Regards