Looking for E3D hotend

Edward Simpson

Sep 27, 2015, 7:33:30 PM9/27/15
to 3D604
First Hello to the group overall, looking forward to learning more about 3d printing :)

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to source an E3D series bowden hotend?
I'm currently in the process of trying to commission a new Kossel mini from electronicgeek.ca and the included hot end has prouven to be a piece of junk - no specifications, documentation or useage guides at all. If anyone can offer some advice it would much appreciated.

Edward

Daniel Friesen

Sep 27, 2015, 7:34:49 PM9/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I ordered mind directly from the official site:
http://e3d-online.com/E3D-v6/Full-Kit

Edward Simpson

Sep 27, 2015, 7:52:48 PM9/27/15
to 3D604, dan...@nadir-seen-fire.com
I meant are there any Local/Canadian distributors?

François Lahey

Sep 27, 2015, 7:54:30 PM9/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com, dan...@nadir-seen-fire.com
We (Voxel Factory) are working on this but it could take a while and I don't think anyone is selling them at the moment.

Regards,
François

Julian Rendell

Sep 27, 2015, 9:22:30 PM9/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I recently bought a v6 universal from fillastruder. I think they're having a sale right now.

It'd be great to have a Canadian distributor!

Julian

Ashley Webster

Sep 27, 2015, 10:57:36 PM9/27/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

SMW3D.com.  Not Canadian but fast, great service, and a good selection of other parts.

Also, check out the all metal Prometheus by DTA-Labs. They are Canadian and so far I am fairly impressed with the hotend.

Ashley

Edward Simpson

Sep 28, 2015, 12:08:34 AM9/28/15
to 3D604
To clarify, my current hot-end was basically rendered useless this afternoon and I'm looking for a easy to use/setup replacement

Ashley Webster

Sep 28, 2015, 12:36:37 AM9/28/15
to 3d...@googlegroups.com

Mr. Ashley Webster
3DPrintVancouver.com

Edward Simpson

Sep 28, 2015, 10:07:05 AM9/28/15
to 3D604
Both the E3d 6lite & the J-head look like good options, promethius looks like something to remember for a secondary printer when I'm more experienced. The Ubiquitous 13 looks interesting, but I think that it's only ment for printerbots. Between the 6lite and J-head, which would be better for PLA printing?

Edward Simpson

Sep 28, 2015, 12:36:14 PM9/28/15
to 3D604
Thank you all for the suggestions and advice, I've decided to go with the E3D 6lite from SMW3D for my new hot-end.
Edward

Lance Burrows

Sep 28, 2015, 3:17:41 PM9/28/15
to 3D604

filastruder.com claims to be an official reseller for North America.  The owner is a regular contributor at Soliforum.com and is a pretty helpful guy.

JG-Evolution

Sep 29, 2015, 11:48:19 PM9/29/15
to 3D604
I ordered my E 3-D version six from Matter Hackers and it was delivered in two days up to the border. I also have ordered their filament 1 kg $29 US prints very well.