Who is here activley participating in any TZM project?

ArtsFantays

Jun 15, 2012, 3:12:49 AM6/15/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Hi there peeps

im trying to evaluate if its worthwile to ressurect this group. could people please answer the following question:

Who is here actively participating in any TZM project?

Fabricio Ψ Figueiredo

Jun 15, 2012, 10:10:16 AM6/15/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I'm not. But I would like to.

--

FF

Boldhawk

Jun 16, 2012, 6:48:33 AM6/16/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
There are nearly 300 people on this group... I'm sure they get mail; so if you have worthwhile project, or whatever would make them more active, I'm sure you may get some response.

Thijs Bruins Slot

Jun 16, 2012, 4:58:49 PM6/16/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I'm helping with the Linguistic Team, and my local chapter... But no projects from the dev team. I subscribed to this mailing list to get some updates about this team as it looked promising to me. All these brilliant minds whithin the movement could get together and make something cool right? I really hope you guys can pull some team back together, development of something that brings the entire community together could be the most important thing we could be doing at this point (next to promotion of course).

Cheers!

David Z

Jun 19, 2012, 1:08:59 AM6/19/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
There are few functional teams that are active in Australia. And my plan is to grow them out of Australia, if enough participants will come forth.

The teams are:

  • Graphic Design Team
    Currently busy on designing the Spirit of the Times magazine
  • Webpage development team
    currently working on zeitgeistaustraia.org and helping other Asian teams with their sites
  • Content Development Team - working on articles for Spirit of the times and some are reposed to the blog.
  • Media editing team - that team needs some activity - responsible for making various videos and video editing material that's already filmed.

There are also street and local activism teams but if you are in Australia you can just contact one of the 10 chapters here;]

So if you are interested in any of the teams above ( or anyone else) mail me back please

cheers

John Priesmeyer

Jun 30, 2012, 7:42:29 AM6/30/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
i have limited time theses days but i do have an associate degree in computer science.  so i can do plenty of grunt work, some higher order things too.

Alan Grimes

Jun 30, 2012, 2:35:08 PM6/30/12
John Priesmeyer wrote:
> i have limited time theses days but i do have an associate degree in
> computer science. so i can do plenty of grunt work, some higher order
> things too.
>
> On Friday, June 15, 2012 2:12:49 AM UTC-5, ArtsFantays wrote:
>
> Hi there peeps
>
> im trying to evaluate if its worthwile to ressurect this group.
> could people please answer the following question:
>
> *Who is here actively participating in any TZM project?*

I guess I'm still on the list. I was hoping for some work to come down
but it's been a dead list. =\

--
E T F
N H E

Powers are not rights.

Fabricio Ψ Figueiredo

Jun 16, 2012, 6:39:42 PM6/16/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you, Thijs Bruins.

Is there any tool like Trello being used to manage project development?

How about we start with a suggestion list?

--

FF

Boldhawk

Jul 1, 2012, 1:28:06 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
It's obvious that this group isn't active here. Some projects are being carried out by various people. I'll have whoever is active look in here, and contact whoever wants to do something.

Based on what's posted here so far, ArtsFantasy has some important activities going; so I recommend people will follow through with him, either through here or directly.

The list will remain, as it is a valuable list, and at the right time more will be put out.

Cheers,

On Friday, June 15, 2012 3:12:49 PM UTC+8, ArtsFantays wrote:
Hi there peeps

im trying to evaluate if its worthwhile to resurrect this group. could people please answer the following question:

David Z

Jul 1, 2012, 1:33:53 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
This group is dead and a follow up should be posted by the organizer, of this group once that was apparent. Active people should be directed to active projects and then the group should be dismantled.

This has not happened thus I'm taking the initiative to clean up the mess.

David Z

Jul 1, 2012, 1:58:50 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
John and everybody else. I'm a part of few functional teams, one of them is specifically orientated towards digital and webpage development, I'n it there are 3 functional projects. Australian Magazine, TZM website template and a chapter-links auto updating website addon.

anyone who is interested in working in a functional team or start a functional project - mail me back.

All the best guys.

David Z

Jul 1, 2012, 2:07:43 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I'm really keen to contribute, but I'm absolutely not keen to flog a dead horse and push ppl to brainstorm or do anything. This list was dead for half a year now, this shows the amount of enthusiasm ppl have her, people lost interest or moved to their own projectors or just life.

There are functional dev teams and other working in countries and continents. Ive got enough of managing people. Someone is committed actively in project or just verbally or not at all. I'm looking for the first kind of ppl and i don't have the them or patience to deal with the other.

Boldhawk

Jul 1, 2012, 3:46:34 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome to continue to re-direct people wherever you want... as I have suggested people work with you on the projects you are working on.

Beyond that, there is no mess to handle, and it is not your call to dismantle this group, or call it a "mess" to suggest there's something wrong or something that needs to be fixed.

Nevertheless, your help in redirecting people continues to be welcome. I've taken care of re-directing people privately, and with specific requests.

Nick

On 1/07/2012 2:58 PM, Boldhawk wrote:
It's obvious that this group isn't active here. Some projects are being carried out by various people. I'll have whoever is active look in here, and contact whoever wants to do something.

Based on what's posted here so far, ArtsFantasy has some important activities going; so I recommend people will follow through with him, either through here or directly.

The list will remain, as it is a valuable list, and at the right time more will be put out.

Cheers,

On Friday, June 15, 2012 3:12:49 PM UTC+8, ArtsFantays wrote:
Hi there peeps

im trying to evaluate if its worthwhile to resurrect this group. could people please answer the following question:

Who is here actively participating in any TZM project?

David Z

Jul 1, 2012, 4:20:09 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Not gonna argue Boldkawk with you. Fact is obvious, no matter how it is painted - this group is for half a year not active and its been labelled as the official Dev team.

I would politely call to  the members of this group to either get active and start contributing to the TZM movement via joining active project.

At present  this Team is not the official dev team.
You can join the active projects or list your own one on zmchapters.net NOT on the ones listed in this google group.

Good luck people. Gonna sign off with a quote form this Google Group with this quote:

...one of the things that happens is when you've wised up enough, there's a very clear conclusion that you have to reach after a while, which is, at the end of the day it's really impossible for one person to make a difference; and thus, the more clearly, absolutely, utterly, irrevocably, unchangeably clear it is that it is impossible for you to make a difference and make the world better, the more you must... so do it, and have good lives in the process.

Robert Sapolsky
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/zm-global-dev-team/-/mgoOfQWy4JkJ.

Boldhawk

Jul 1, 2012, 8:21:43 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
ArtsFantasy, you are arguing.

Your invitation has already been noted. People are welcome and encouraged to join your project, or other projects they know about. Otherwise they'll be contacted specifically for specific project by people from going projects.

Talk to Gman about "official" or not official. This is essentially a mailing list. Projects are carried out in different places than here.

Best regards,

Nick

On Friday, June 15, 2012 3:12:49 PM UTC+8, ArtsFantays wrote:

gavin palmer

Jul 1, 2012, 9:22:04 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
No need to dismantle the group.  The people here are interested in open source projects that are worthwhile.  I suggest that any of you who find a project or start a project should use this group to find volunteers when you are in need of volunteers.

I have been reading to my local Boys & Girls club here in the states.  It has made me think of ways to use technology to help children learn how to read.  So I might start an open source project with this goal in mind.

From my time with the Boys & Girls club - I can see that these kids are being indoctrinated into the materialistic money culture at a very young age.  Be aware of the problems we face.

Michael Kubler

Jul 1, 2012, 10:57:46 AM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com

You have a good point Gavin,  which is why I've realised I have recently been thinking about  reversing my focus.

I thought that a great aim was to get a sustainable community up and running as soon as possible, what I call the Price of Zero transition.
The Price of Zero is about applying automation, science and technology to create an abundance of nutritious food, clean water, renewable energy abs self sustainable housing.  You can then sell the abundance and other  goods and services off at cheaper and cheaper prices.

Using a gift economy our something similar internally you wouldn't need money to survive. Such communities could grow and spread abs people would start to flock to then when they are better than their current life style.
The idea its that once enough of these communities grow and connect together they could start selling their abundance off at cheaper and cheaper prices until eventually being able to give it away for free, to everyone on the planet. The current economic system would collapse without monetary consumerism pumping money through the system like a heart pumps blood.

However I'm starting to question this approach to bringing about an RBE.

Personally I'm starting to redefine my aim in life. It is less about directly bringing about an RBE and about giving people the tools and resources they need to bring it about.
I'm realising that if the media and education are the biggest influences on our values, then those are what we need to change first. Building a single sustainable community won't be enough. We need a culture whereby people's definition of success needs to be about how much you've contributed to humanity and the environment, instead of how much material our financial wealth, power, control or fame you have acquired.

Under the Price of Zero model education and entertainment are near the end of the things to undergo paradigm changes, not art the start.

Well that's my 2c.
--
Michael Kubler

gavin palmer

Jul 1, 2012, 12:06:25 PM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I am personally looking forward to what Peter has mentioned concerning a sustainability research institute for technology (Does anyone have good information on this?).  It is essential that we demonstrate the capabilities of technology.  I am also interested to see what Doug Malette will do with automated farming.

I am in complete agreement that we must focus on culture transition.  We have to ask ourselves what we can do to help.  Talking about the movement or a RBE is not always the right communication.  There are even more general problems in our culture: such as materialism, violence, and uninformed decision making.

This guy might be the first to begin building vertical greenhouses:
http://www.growingpower.org/

Reinis Priednieks

Jul 1, 2012, 4:12:54 PM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I am interested to participate / help, but a bit short of time.
I am also a "passionate" trello user and would support (vote for) managing projects there.

Fabricio - how to get on that list?

Regards,
Reinis

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Thijs Bruins Slot <tbsfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm helping with the Linguistic Team, and my local chapter... But no projects from the dev team. I subscribed to this mailing list to get some updates about this team as it looked promising to me. All these brilliant minds whithin the movement could get together and make something cool right? I really hope you guys can pull some team back together, development of something that brings the entire community together could be the most important thing we could be doing at this point (next to promotion of course).

Cheers!

Op vrijdag 15 juni 2012 09:12:49 UTC+2 schreef ArtsFantays het volgende:
Hi there peeps

im trying to evaluate if its worthwile to ressurect this group. could people please answer the following question:

Who is here actively participating in any TZM project?

Alan Grimes

Jul 1, 2012, 8:44:21 PM7/1/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Just to see if a conversation can be started, here are some of the
obnoxious projects I'm working on and where they're stuck. They aren't
on-topic but rather intended as a starting point for conversation. I
don't have a job right now so I can't finance any of them. I also have
some other problems that I need to solve such as getting a new air
conditioner for my townhouse.

1. I've been trying to build my first electric car.

Issues: The coupling between the motor and the transmission. I got my
hands on a jaw coupler that is NOT road rated, the company doesn't want
to have anything to do with anything that could create a legal liability
for them. The input shaft on the transmission is a bit worn so I have
concerns that the coupler won't be able to grip it adequately. There is
also the issue of the adapter plate, the passenger side motor mount, and
the drive axle.

Later in the same project I'll need to fabricate and mount battery
boxes. The car is moder uni-body which means it doesn't really have a
frame which means that there aren't really any hard points except where
they were needed in the car's normal configuration.

Finally, there is the issue of dashboard instrumentation where I want
some good CAN bus instruments for tachometer and battery pack
monitoring. There are a dozen or so other sub-problems...

2. I've been converting my main speakers to bi-amplification. I had been
using an antique vacuum tube amp to power the main speakers in my home
theater system. They sounded kinda "dark and muddy", albeit they weigh
60 pounds each and can really leverage their transmission line design to
deliver really rich bass. Without giving it too much thought, I started
converting them to bi-amplification. I bought a modern class D amplifier
module and an electronic crossover that I've converted to the correct
settings and configuration for this speaker. I also had an input
terminal board fabricated from E-machineshop.com (something like that,
don't remember the exact spelling). They have a CAD program that you
download, draw what you want, and then click "BUILD IT!!" and it'll
check the design and then compute a price for you. =) I didn't measure
quite perfectly so the parts I got needed some re-work but were still
very usable. That is true 21st century manufacturing! =) So now the
speaker is pretty much assembled. However there remain some problems.
The most serious problem is that there isn't enough room inside the
speaker for the power supply. So it needs to be a separate box. I'm
eyeballing a 2U, 8-11" deep rack chassis. These can be ordered blank and
then cut to spec. That will require a great deal of work, I will have to
track down a bunch of different hardware for it, but the project is
progressing. The main obstacle is the power cable. I need a complete
cabling solution including outlet, plug, cable, connector, and inlet. I
have found some candidate parts but they might turn out to be
budget-busters. =(

(Another speaker project I've been contemplating is a line-array design
that would require $2,000 in drivers for 9' tall floor-ceiling design
that would be around 99dB efficient...) Some exotic horn designs claim
up to 117db efficiency.) The best amps for those kinds of speakers are
single ended triodes, the basic design was invented back in the 1920's
but still delivers the best sound with that kind of speaker. %P~~ <<
crazy, lusty smiley. I have been sketching out a design for a "one tube
amplifier", the simplest possible amplifier one could build, but I don't
have either the money or a good enough excuse to build it. =\

3. I want to solve the AI problem, or failing that, be one of the first
kiddies on my block to have one. When I'm earning money, I'm saving up
for a NAO android. I've already invested more than $1,100 bux in a
robotics lab. Actually the equipment I bought looks like it might not be
what I actually need but I don't care. I'm sure it will find a use
eventually. I do have a 19" equipment rack that I hope to stock up with
the compute nodes that I'll need to make the thing actually think. I'll
need to put a 240V, 20A circuit to power the really high-end stuff... I
already somehow managed to shoehorn a 60A circuit for my electric car
into an already over-stuffed breaker box. Going to a bigger box will
C0$7. =\

4. That's mostly it but I also started to collect parts for a hand-made
DAC where I'll do almost all the digital stuff with discreet logic chips
and then do the D-A conversion with a pair of R2R resistor ladders;
about 180 resistors total, each hand assembled to a matrix of nails...
This is mostly an art project. The output of the R2R ladder would be
buffered with a 6N7 vacuum tube and the output would be done with a 20k
line output transformer (about $350 for a pair...)

Anyway, The point of talking about this is to start a conversation,
nothing more.

Nick Polimeni

Jul 2, 2012, 2:57:31 AM7/2/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Trello is a pretty nice system, and simple enough. As a long term policy, I doubt that the Global Dev Team would use it, because there are always risks when the data is in a third party's servers. Their behavior is unpredictable. Over the years, we've seen these folks change the rules midstream, with undesirable (to say the least) consequences to participants.

I still use Trello for my personal use, and you might say a kind of "private face book." But to use it for GDT, I doubt it. If there is a way to be able to install it in our own server, without excessive cost, it could be done.

Nick
--
Nick

Nick Polimeni

Jul 2, 2012, 3:01:42 AM7/2/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I should add that Arts.fantasy's projects have been running consistently (referring to the Atrium Installations for the Australian Chapters) for more than a years, maybe going on two now..? So, I believe it's a worthwhile team to work with.

Nick

Nick Polimeni

Jul 3, 2012, 3:59:55 AM7/3/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Gavin, I posted the link to GDT working on an approach using SM to determine a priority direction.
Peter's technology research hasn't gone beyond talk... needs human resources, and Peter has recently sent out promo for support for the next film... and getting the films in Netflix. There was also chatter about "Think Tank" among wishes for future.

No reason to think there isn't anything going behind the curtains, but for that you'd have to write him.

the SM study in the GDT site, seems to be pointing in the direction that energy, free energy for the world, should be the priority that if accomplished will short cut other activities (which meanwhile should be taken place anyway...)
--
Nick

Boldhawk

Jul 4, 2012, 12:09:08 PM7/4/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
There's need to be a connection for a conversation...

The closest I'm to your activities that could touch marginally is that I'm interested in Tesla's radiant energy, which if we have someone as clever as you are we must might have it this generation; maybe five to ten years, max. Then the RBE would be all but guaranteed...

Norman Khine

Jul 12, 2012, 4:59:43 AM7/12/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
i added your Z-Tarball to the TZM github https://github.com/TZM/Z-Tabzilla

it will be easier to extend and further develop.