Re: Re : Re: -=ZM Dev Team=- decision making

gavin palmer

Jun 10, 2011, 9:41:40 AM6/10/11
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I think we need to set a deadline for our next move.  The wiki is primarily a central focus for documentation - which is VERY important.  And it should continue to be a place of documentation no matter where we are "living and working".
In my opinion: our current home is utterly unsuitable - and is the cause of our delayed progress.  I don't care if I am a part of the decision.  And I don't care what the decision is.  I just want a new home that is better.  And I want people to be funneled to our new home.  And I want our decisions to be tracked (on the wiki).

I am not belittling our move to the GoogleGroup.  In fact - it was a first step in the right direction.  Now we need to make that next step so that we continue to maintain our cohesion and organization - and build upon that.

Don't think too big!  Don't imagine that our next step will be the "pheonix".  We should be making many consistent changes as we embody the ideal of emergence.  But our changes must be done in a way that does not create confusion.

This exciting stuff!

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Tiago Emanuel Souza Ferreira <tiag...@hotmail.com> wrote:
thanks for the feedback. I´ll take a good look on this wiki.

Atenciosamente,
Tiago Emanuel

"Precisamos ser a mudança que queremos ver no mundo" (Mahatma Gandhi)
Movimento Zeitgeist - mzbr.com.br

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 05:30:25 -0700
From: npol...@gmail.com
To: zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Re : Re: -=ZM Dev Team=- decision making

The wiki is the "HOME" until a better home is found. It is in the wiki where Project Phoenix (TZM 2.0) is being detailed out. People live someplace before moving to a new place, whenever a consensus or decision is reached about where to move. Meanwhile, the wiki is were we are, and we can't wait until the move to do some real work.

Go there and fill in your wisdom into the right places, and put your name next to "Person Responsible."

There is also lots of room for discussion, and it's got a lot more material than can be found anywhere related to Global Development Team Activities than any other place I know... including this GG.

NOW IS THE TIME to participate not only with intelligent ideas, but by putting them in the right place, and taking a hat in the project development  area. In case you don't know where it is, I give you the link and location again:   http://wiki.zmlingteam.org/w/Global_Developers_Team

http://wiki.zmlingteam.org/w/Global_Developers_Team#TZM_Re-design.E2.80.94The_Phoenix_Project_TZM_2.0

There is a very specific process that must be followed to make something happen. The wiki Project management outline is an important start. In fact, finding a new home is going to be difficult to find unless it is discussed there, in the wiki.

Nick Polimeni

Jun 12, 2011, 12:58:52 AM6/12/11
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Wiki is not just for filing documents, but a principal location where discussion can take place adjacent to each topic. In fact, in the main Page, you will see many places where I specifically listed "discuss here." so people knew where to go; however, each page has a discussion section.

Your topic is already in the wiki, and can be discussed in the "collaborative work" area.

Nick

gavin palmer

Jun 13, 2011, 9:13:30 AM6/13/11
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
If the wiki is supposed to be used more - it should be advertised better.  Maybe Ray (Gman) or whoever should put the appropriate link within the summary of the Google Group... referencing the linguistic team wiki.  Also - the wiki is mentioned as "static".

Nick Polimeni

Jun 13, 2011, 12:03:21 PM6/13/11
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I did talk to Gman about that. Should be corrected, because the link there is incorrect, directed to the International Wiki, which is down and has been down for a while. So the link for the wiki I keep giving is the correct one! And it's not static... it's quite dynamics... check out the Project Phoenix details which will be taken up next global meeting... with Federico...

Sorry about the bad links.