Unable to Install Recitation Packs

Michael Hawkins

Oct 27, 2011, 11:26:35 AM10/27/11
to zekr
I just installed Zekr and was able to install two offline recitation
packs without problem. Having downloaded three more of these files
files, I find that Zekr gives an error message when I attempt to
install them. Here is the script:

09:03:16 [INFO] (QuranFormMenuFactory:91) - Adding recitation pack
"jebril-64kbps-offline.recit.zip" to res/audio
09:03:16 [ERROR] (ApplicationConfig:123) - Error occurred while adding
new recitation archive.
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
net.sf.zekr.common.config.ApplicationConfig.addNewRecitationPack(ApplicationConfig.java:
1500)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.QuranFormMenuFactory
$17$1.run(QuranFormMenuFactory.java:1071)
09:03:16 [ERROR] (QuranFormMenuFactory:123) - Error importing: C:\Users
\Mike\Downloads\jebril-64kbps-offline.recit.zip
net.sf.zekr.common.ZekrMessageException: RECITATION_LOAD_FAILED
at
net.sf.zekr.common.config.ApplicationConfig.addNewRecitationPack(ApplicationConfig.java:
1582)
at net.sf.zekr.ui.QuranFormMenuFactory
$17$1.run(QuranFormMenuFactory.java:1071)

Mohsen Saboorian

Oct 27, 2011, 12:45:13 PM10/27/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam,

Your file is probably broken. You should re-download it. Please check md5 or sha-1 checksum of your downloaded archive file against checksums here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zekr/files/recit/ (click on i icon to see checksums)

Regards,
Mohsen

Michael Hawkins

Oct 27, 2011, 12:57:40 PM10/27/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Mohsen, for this helpful response.  I am downloading one of the archive files to see if this works.

May I ask, how do I check the checksum of an already-downloaded archive file?

Best,
Michael

Mohsen Saboorian

Oct 27, 2011, 1:19:37 PM10/27/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
You are welcome.

On Linux, you can use md5 commandline. On Windows use one of these softwares.

Mohsen

Michael Hawkins

Oct 27, 2011, 2:17:36 PM10/27/11
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Again, thank you so much, Mohsen.  Using one of these Windows programs I was able to perform checksums, and found that two of the three archive files was corrupted.  The intact file installed without problem, and I am re-downloading the others.

All the best,
Michael