LK Lightning 2.5 Available & Now Free

Leonard Koch

Nov 13, 2015, 5:09:57 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi List,

I have a new version of LK Lightning for you today. I hope you don't mind my posting it here.
The headlining feature for version 2.5 is Stages which allows you to create much more complicated behaviours by assigning different sets of controllers to particles based on which stage they are in.With these stages also comes a new category of compounds. Triggers that allow you to move particles between them.You can assign a new stage to strands that have been split off as well and thus give them a different set of rules. This is something that was requested many times by 2.0 users and is indeed super useful.Additionally there are a bunch of other useful tools for particle effects in here that stem from an awesome job I got to do at Digital Golem: http://www.digitalgolem.com/portfolio/detroit-electric-sp01/

LK Lightning is also free for everyone now.
With Softimage going EOL I just don't feel good charging people for an extension to a software that has been sentenced to death.Freelancers and companies who've approached me wanting to buy LKL in the past couple of months have already received it free of charge and with the new version I'm making it available to everyone.
I hope that the community can put 2.5 to good use and hope to still see many awesome projects made with it and Softimage.
You can get LK Lightning 2.5 here: http://leonardkoch.com/download/

Ivan Vasiljevic

Nov 13, 2015, 5:36:10 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
You're the maaan Leonard!!!

Cheers.
Ivan
--
Ivan Vasiljevic
-

mikael.p...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2015, 5:39:13 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thanks, that is really generous of you!

Cheers
Mikael

Skickat från min iPhone

toonafish

Nov 13, 2015, 5:52:32 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Wonderfull, thanks a lot Leonard !

-Ronald

Olivier Jeannel

Nov 13, 2015, 6:04:38 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
It's just so funny how some of us became specialized !
Leonard, you became Mr Lightnings now :D

Great movie, well done !

Juan Brockhaus

Nov 13, 2015, 6:16:48 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
wow! way too generous! thanks a lot!
that ad looks great, btw! well done!

cheers
Juan

Royston Michaels

Nov 13, 2015, 6:17:40 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
WOW, thx Leonard.
Happy Friday

Jens Lindgren

Nov 13, 2015, 6:19:34 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thanks Leonard! Very cool of you to give this away :)

/Jens
--
Jens Lindgren
------------------------------------

pet...@skynet.be

Nov 13, 2015, 6:22:17 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi Leonard – awesome – this is very generous of you.

> With Softimage going EOL I just don't feel good charging people for an extension to a software that has been sentenced to death.

I understand what you are saying.
If anything, you are giving Softimage a bit more life -in a very Frankenstein way.
Don’t doubt for a moment that you are giving added value to those still holding on to Softimage -
and that is worth a compensation – EOL platform or not.

Prodeep Ghosh

Nov 13, 2015, 6:53:25 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thanks Leonard! Great Stuff...
--
Prodeep Ghosh

Morten Bartholdy

Nov 13, 2015, 7:01:54 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Thanks a lot Leonard - this is very generous of you. Very cool tool.

Morten

Softimage

Nov 13, 2015, 8:04:11 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Wow that is amazingly generous!
Thank you
Lawrence

phil harbath

Nov 13, 2015, 8:08:03 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
is it backward compatible with 2.0 files?

thanks
Phil

Leonard Koch

Nov 13, 2015, 8:26:40 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm glad you appreciate it so much.

@Phil
Yes there is full backwards compatibility.
Just make sure that if you want to use stages, that you use the 2.5 core and the 2.5 emitters.

Leonard Koch

Nov 13, 2015, 8:28:55 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Also thanks go to Julien Dubuisson from RodeoFX for doing the Linux compile!

Sebastien Sterling

Nov 13, 2015, 8:34:35 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Are you looking at Fabric Leonard ?

Matt Morris

Nov 13, 2015, 8:36:21 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
You're a bit early with the christmas present Leonard ;) Thanks dude!

Leonard Koch

Nov 13, 2015, 8:54:14 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Yeah I've already written an entire renderer in it.
Great stuff that platform.

Patrick Neese

Nov 13, 2015, 10:29:37 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
This is awesome.  Thank you!

Scott Lange

Nov 13, 2015, 10:32:50 AM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Wow Leonard, Thank You! That is very generous.

Nov 13, 2015, 12:03:38 PM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
cheers man!

Dan Yargici

Nov 13, 2015, 2:04:02 PM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Thanks Leonard! Very generous of you!

Sent from my phone...

Michael Amasio

Nov 13, 2015, 7:56:07 PM11/13/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Another Thank you!

Alok Gandhi

Nov 14, 2015, 7:05:59 AM11/14/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Bravo Leonard! that is very generous. Thank you!

Leonard Koch

Jan 2, 2016, 1:35:57 PM1/2/16
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi List!
I hope everyone got well into the new year.

Over the holidays I built a tool for writing invoices. You can check it out at: http://www.invoicewriter.net/
I built Invoice Writer because I wanted a faster and more slick way of writing my invoices and because I wanted to work more with ReactJS, which it is written with.
Here is a demo video: https://vimeo.com/150535962

This is pretty OT, but with all the freelancers we have on the list here, I'm sure there are lots of people for whom this might be useful and so I hope you don't mind me tacking it on at the end of this thread :)

Let me know what you think! Any criticism welcome.

I hope it's useful to you.

Sebastien Sterling

Jan 2, 2016, 4:25:19 PM1/2/16
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
But Leonard you stopped before entering your bank account details :( ...

Leonard Koch

Jan 2, 2016, 4:27:52 PM1/2/16
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Ah yeah, I really do apologize for not being more accommodating in that department...

Sebastien Sterling

Jan 2, 2016, 4:36:47 PM1/2/16
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Lol, it's pretty cool man. ;)