wview on Raspberry Pi

John

Oct 11, 2012, 2:36:51 PM10/11/12
to wv...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I am running Raspbian Wheezy on a model b Raspberry Pi and am looking to install wview.

I am a bit confused on what instructions I should be following?
Do I HAVE to compile it? (I have never compiled before and dont really wish to for something presumably I would have to re-compile every time there was an update)
Can I add a repository and use apt-get?

No rush to install it as I am not getting my weather station until christmas if my wife takes my hints, but I like to be prepared!

Thanks

Maxwell

Oct 11, 2012, 3:56:34 PM10/11/12
to wv...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately the Raspian repositories don't feature wview or rablib in the package list (yet). Changing the sources list to include the relevant debian repositories didn't work for me. For this reason I compiled from source after loading some of the prerequisites using apt-get. Installing from source isn't that bad but does take a long time (you don't need to be there all the time but enough of the time to take an evening). I did have some minor problems with some of the scripts pointing to the default locations (local/usr/.. etc) rather than the debian preferred ones that I used when running ./configure but that was sorted out with a little effort. As I had already got Raspian up and running with some personalisation I was a little reluctant to start again and use the images that have been generated with wview on already.

If nothing else will give you experience that might be useful in the future for debugging or customisation. The rasperry pi was supposed to be a teaching aid after all :-)

George Blades Voulgarakis

Oct 11, 2012, 4:18:35 PM10/11/12
to wv...@googlegroups.com
I installed Debian and wview on my Raspberry Pi 3 days ago following this guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HRJyqlyyQM84JW2t04f3XcNQT-P3KT53uo5pVQuwhVo/edit
3 problems I had to deal was:

1: some .jpg files wouldn't generate so I hade to upload them manually

2: html error in interface. solution:
you must change two directories.
Open the html interface and into the File Generation tab:
Generation Target Path: /var/lib/wview/img
Template Source Path:  /etc/wview/html
Restart wview.

3: Bad data at generated pages: connect the station usb direct to Pi, not to usb hub and then to Pi AND check stations battery health.

Blades - www.snowguide.gr

meteocam

Oct 11, 2012, 4:40:15 PM10/11/12
to wv...@googlegroups.com
And which mode did you use to install? The Script or the Manual one?

George Blades Voulgarakis

Oct 11, 2012, 5:04:02 PM10/11/12
to wv...@googlegroups.com
the script because it was fast and easy

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wview/-/iaLoiEMeWxcJ.

Blades - www.snowguide.gr

ralf1972

Oct 12, 2012, 9:59:02 AM10/12/12
to wv...@googlegroups.com
there is a complete image available
http://www.4shared.com/folder/prbKehRR/raspberrypi.html

try this

Marcio

May 25, 2018, 6:53:22 PM5/25/18
to wview
Hi

I created a card with the image of raspbian Jessie (debian 8) and Stretch (debian 9) with several other tools, with GPIO, and Wview working.

One image got a little big (~ 8GB). I'm trying to slow down to the cloud

Anyone interested?
Best
Marcio