Import fold change q-val data instead of normalized expression?

Stermer, Angela

Dec 14, 2018, 5:06:25 PM12/14/18
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
To whom it may concern;

I am looking to draw a pathway that I have already determined to be enriched in my dataset using TopGO (elimination fisher test). I want to just import the transcripts that are associated with this pathway, and the fold change to determine the color of the symbol. Is this possible? I don't particularly want to import the whole expression data set because I am not sure that the enrichment test will be the same as the one I already have done, and my results might not match up.

Thanks for your help,
Angela Stermer
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Brown University

Martina Summer-Kutmon

Dec 15, 2018, 1:33:34 AM12/15/18
to wikipathways-discuss, angela_...@brown.edu
Dear Angela,

So you want to create a pathway with genes associated with a specific GO term and then visualize your dataset on it? Or did you already draw the pathway?
In terms of data import, you can import the whole dataset or just a subset but when you open the pathway, only the relevant genes will be shown anyway. So it's not really needed to filter beforehand.

Hope this answers your question?

Best regards,
Tina