New WikiPathways Request Form

Alexander Pico

May 31, 2017, 7:00:30 PM5/31/17
to wikipathways-discuss
Dear all,

Having tackled most of the canonical pathway content, we are expanding our focus to published pathway figures. We will be taking many different approaches including semi-automated parsing of PubMed Central content. But, we would also like to make it easy for anyone to point out particular figures they would like to see converted. Thus, this simple request form:

We just need an ID or URL and an indication of which figure you want converted. We will prioritize and organize the conversion effort and let you know when it’s ready.

 - Alex

Agustin Gonzalez-Vicente

Dec 6, 2017, 8:01:49 AM12/6/17
to wikipathways-discuss
Hi Alex,

I am trying to do that with some figures for my research and I wonder if it is possible to annotate either splice variants or phosphorylated proteins. the idea is to draw 2 adjacent cells in different physiological states, each one expressing proteins with different modifications. I am testing it now in WP4183.

Thanks!
Agustin

Alex Pico

Dec 6, 2017, 1:36:32 PM12/6/17
to wikipathways-discuss
Sure. Splice variants are specified by protein-level identifier systems (like UniProt) and phosphorylations (or any other PTM) are modeled as states on the datanode, just right click on the node to add a state. See https://www.wikipathways.org/index.php/Pathway:WP3972.
 - Alex

Agustin Gonzalez-Vicente

Dec 6, 2017, 1:47:44 PM12/6/17
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex,
I was using Uniptot but wasn't sure if that was the recommended annotation. The right click "add state" was new to me, and I have already fix it in the pathway.

Best!
Agustin