Target genes not shown in Pathway Finder diagrams

lmr...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2018, 5:16:00 PM11/11/18
to wikipathways-discuss
Hi,

I used Pathway Finder to retrieve the target genes and pathways for a set of miRNAs. In many pathway diagrams the target genes could be highlighted by selecting each of the miRNAs on the right side of the diagram. However, in some pathways, selecting the miRNAs did not highlight the target gene(s). This was true for the nanomaterials pathways, for instance. Is this a limitation of Pathway Finder at the moment or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Luís Vieira

Alex Pico

Nov 11, 2018, 7:18:40 PM11/11/18
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis,

Yes, this is a limitation of the current Pathway Finder. It maps wherever Entrez Gene IDs are used. We have a fix in the works to provide Entrez-mapped versions of every pathway to Pathway Finder. This should be implemented early next year, but in the meantime, the interactive highlighting is deficient. Note that the target counts in the table are accurate; it’s only the highlighting that missing the mapping.

 - Alex