Re: A few games for sale

Mark Crane

Sep 20, 2012, 6:49:13 PM9/20/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
When I read the gmail preview it looked like you were selling a game
called "Steam Giants," which sounded kind of cool. What are you
asking for Zombicide?

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 1:13 PM, reddish22 <redd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to clear out space, I'm selling
> Wasabi!
> Steam
> Giants
> and a brand new copy of Zombicide
> All are in great condition, Steam has only been opened and played once.
>
> I'm glad I found this group, we just moved here from Idaho, but we've been
> holding game groups with some old friends on Saturday nights at five,
> we've been playing Eclipse a lot lately, along with Alien Frontiers, Dune,
> Cosmic Encounter, along with some Euros.
>
> If anyone would like to come, we'd love to get a six player game of Eclipse
> going.

reddish22

Sep 20, 2012, 7:59:57 PM9/20/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
It's brand new, in the shrink still, and I paid $85 for it with shipping from Coolstuff since noone else has it, so I understand if it's too expensive, but that's all I'd part for it for.

reddish22

Sep 20, 2012, 9:57:24 PM9/20/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
But I'm also accepting trades for Steam or Wasabi for Cuba. I really wanna try that one!

Bagley Kendon

Sep 20, 2012, 9:34:29 PM9/20/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
Would you be interested in any partial trade deals?

I have:
Battles of Westeros
Eclipse (which I think you already have from the sounds of it)
Tide of Iron
Battleship Galaxies
Lord of the Rings the Card Game collection (still not sure if I want to part with it yet though)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ucboardgamers/-/lPbLlAFP_YEJ.

Mark Crane

Sep 20, 2012, 11:21:29 PM9/20/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
We really need to run a Utah county math trade.

Mark Crane

Via iPad.

reddish22

Sep 21, 2012, 11:19:37 AM9/21/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
I'd definitely trade for another copy of Eclipse, I have a friend that wants to get a copy. What do you have in mind?

Bagley Kendon

Sep 21, 2012, 1:13:24 PM9/21/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in Zombicide, actually. With Eclipse would you be willing to do a straight trade? Its opened but only played twice and I keep all my games in great shape. Also, which city are you in? I'm in Provo.

~Kendon

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ucboardgamers/-/pnQEisvAGK4J.

reddish22

Sep 21, 2012, 6:26:30 PM9/21/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
I'm in provo too. I would have to think about that one, but I'd do it for steam and giants for sure. Maybe throw in like 10 bucks as well.
My wife saw zombicide and thinks it looks pretty cool, so we might wanna hang onto it. Anyways think about that :)

Canadian Dave

Oct 2, 2012, 12:36:54 PM10/2/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
I'll second Mark's suggestion.  I think a Utah County Math Trade is a great idea.

bart elison

Oct 2, 2012, 7:13:52 PM10/2/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
Seems like we tried this once before.  People listed some items, and then nothing happened.  I'd be up for participating in this as well

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ucboardgamers/-/XilSRKuv6moJ.

Mark Crane

Oct 2, 2012, 7:30:56 PM10/2/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
If we use the formal math trade mechanism and let Salt Lakers participate, provided they travel to a central trade location *cough* boardgame revolution *cough* on a designated day, then there should be decent participation.  In the past there have been trades associated with the SLC game conference.

reddish22

Oct 3, 2012, 12:20:08 AM10/3/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
I'd definitely be up for it as well!

Mark Crane

Oct 3, 2012, 11:14:25 AM10/3/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
Let's talk BGR into hosting this! We could start the trade on Monday
and exchange games on Saturday evening.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ucboardgamers/-/9biwvzooFSgJ.

Chris Robbins

Oct 3, 2012, 11:25:08 AM10/3/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com

I would love to host this, however I don't know the first thing about running a math trade.
I have Jeremy looking into this, I know bgg has some online tools.

Chris.

Mark Crane

Oct 3, 2012, 11:54:20 AM10/3/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
All you would have to provide is a space for everyone to meet and exchange their games, and hopefully buy additional games that they wanted and didn't receive in the trade!  Jeremy or someone else could run the actual trade on the BGG end.

Bret Swalberg

Oct 3, 2012, 11:57:58 AM10/3/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
Could someone give a quick overview of how a math trade works.  I understand you put games in and you receive games in return, but do you specify which games you would like?

Mark Crane

Oct 3, 2012, 12:02:44 PM10/3/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you specify which games you want to trade for and can even prioritize them.

Canadian Dave

Oct 3, 2012, 3:55:36 PM10/3/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
There's a pretty good tool that is usually used that is free.  One of the BGGers made it a few years ago.  I know they use it for SaltCON.  I'll have to look it up later.

Math trades work so that you name which games (from the list of games being offered by participants) you would accept for the game you're offering, and the computer matches up trades so that the trade involves several people, but everyone gets a game that s/he wanted.  Not every game will be traded (who wants one of my many copies of Malarky - no one? thought so), but for the most part, it works well.

Canadian Dave

Oct 3, 2012, 3:56:33 PM10/3/12
to ucboar...@googlegroups.com
And I just noticed that Mark posted the BGG link for everything you need to know about Math Trades.  Sorry for the repeat.  haha