Cold Weather Fix

316 просмотров

HeaveToo

не прочитано,
26 нояб. 2012 г., 19:56:1926.11.2012
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
What do you do to get your fix when the weather is cold?  I usually spend the winters tying flies and dreaming of fly fishing.  I don't think that I have ever flyfished between December and March).

Do you get out and do some cold water trout fishing?  Do you head south on a trip?

Just curious.

Jeffrey Silvan

не прочитано,
26 нояб. 2012 г., 20:06:4426.11.2012
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Usually I just tie up some of the staples or bundle up on the warmer days (45+). I'm heading down to Miami and the Keys for a couple days of fishing in a couple weeks - one day backcountry and one day offshore. Conditions will have to be right for me to be able to fly fish off shore, but there's a decent chance I'll get to go after Mahi Mahi on the fly and a moderate chance I'll have a shot at a sailfish.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Terry C

не прочитано,
26 нояб. 2012 г., 20:15:4226.11.2012
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I will try and get out a few times trout fishing, but most of the time I go to my tying bench and work on new patterns or practice getting better on old ones. The strangest thing happened over Thanksgiving I was tying bunny leaches with rabbit strips and had an allergic reaction to the rabbit, eyes watering, sneezing, etc.. Wow never happened before. I needed to take an antihistamine.

Rob Snowhite

не прочитано,
26 нояб. 2012 г., 21:17:1226.11.2012
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Winter is my favorite season to fish. Fewer people out, the serenity of the sound of snowfall (if lucky enough to fish in the snow), the litter is covered up by the snow. The fish are always biting, its just a matter of finding those fish.

I have a steelhead trip planned in a few weeks and maybe a trip to Colorado to fish midges on the tailwaters (Blue River, Colorado River, Dream Stream) when my wife is on the slopes.

My buddy and I had an agreement that we would go trout fishing anytime it snowed. He picked me up to go to BIG HUNTING CREEK one day before the roads were plowed. It took us more than two hours to get there from Arlington. Xmas eve, Xmas day, New  Years Eve, New Years Day, the Superbowl and other big events keep the streams quiet and usually all to yourself.

I'll spend as much time as possible at Blue Plains this winter as possible. I don't head up to DICKERSON as much now as its kind of far. FOUR MILE RUN is my favorite local winter fishery. I won't stop fishing there until I catch a goldfish on a fly.

There are the winter fishing shows from MA, NJ, NC, and Tie Fest to keep you entertained. I'll start tying shad flies for the POTOMAC in February.
.
If I'm lucky I can get away to the tropics for some R&R in January. We have a wedding in Costa Rica in Jan 2014.

As we used to say at Hudson Trail Outfitters: "being cold in the winter is only a matter of how well dressed you are"

Rob Snowhite

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:56:19 -0800
From: cpd...@hotmail.com
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

What do you do to get your fix when the weather is cold?  I usually spend the winters tying flies and dreaming of fly fishing.  I don't think that I have ever flyfished between December and March).

Do you get out and do some cold water trout fishing?  Do you head south on a trip?

Just curious.

---
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору