Any dealings with Edge Angling Co in Middletown, RI??

Bob H.

Dec 29, 2012, 6:36:55 PM12/29/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone dealt with Edge Angling?

I'm having a problem with them. Back in November, I placed an order with them for crosscut rabbit strips to the tune of $108. I never received the order. In early December, I contacted them and inquired about the status of the order - they responded that the order had shipped, and that the tracking number shows that it had been delivered on Nov 19th. It certainly was not delivered to my address.

I have since contacted them 6 times to ask for their assistance - haven't received a single reply. I'm really getting frustrated, and don't know what to do from here.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Edge Angling, or another supplier? Any suggestions on how best to proceed from here?

I'm appreciative of any response/suggestions you can provide. Thanks.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!
Bob Hendry
Southern Maryland

Jeffrey Silvan

Dec 30, 2012, 12:49:15 AM12/30/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I don't have any experience with that supplier, but typically there are two routes you can go from here:

1. Get the tracking number, and open an investigation with the shipping company - it is always possible they mis-delivered or it got stolen
2. File a dispute with your credit card company (assuming you used a credit card rather than PayPal). This will be the easiest, and most likely will land you a credit.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Barracuda

Dec 30, 2012, 2:29:48 PM12/30/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I've placed a few orders with them and never had a problem, FWIW.

Richard Farino

Dec 30, 2012, 6:55:34 PM12/30/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
You could try ordering from a local shop. Most shops have no problem
ordering items for you if it's not in stock.

Richard Farino
Urban Angler VA | 108 N. Washington Street 2nd Floor | Alexandria, VA 22314

(703) 527-2524 | fax: (703) 527-3313 | ric...@urbanangler.com
--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Bob H.

Jan 1, 2013, 6:49:23 PM1/1/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your responses.

As things turned out, the problem I had was largely my fault.  During the period mid-November - late-December, I've had issues with my email client, which led to several email client changes.  What I didn't realize is that each change resulted in a different 'from' email address.  The emails that I sent to Edge Angling came from different email addresses, confusing their server into thinking that they were from different folks.

Secondly, each of the emails that I sent out was in reply to the email that I received early on from Peter G., thereby circumventing the 'support ticket system' on their web page.  I should have logged into the web site, and contacted them through their "Contact Us" link . . .

Yesterday I spoke with Peter; he was very helpful and apologetic.  He has assured me that the order will be re-shipped as soon as they can restock several of the items.  Consequently, my confidence in Edge Angling has been reaffirmed.

Thanks again!  Cheers, Happy New Year, and Tight Lines!

Bob Hendry

Southern Maryland

Aaron O

Jan 2, 2013, 9:18:03 AM1/2/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bob,

      I'm glad to hear that everything has worked out for you with this situation.  I have to give you credit for your handling of this   You first started a post with an honest and open request for other peoples opinions on how to handle a problem.  You did not come out of the gate insulting, cursing or demanding a boycott from the company that you are having issues with.  You were simply looking for suggestions on how to get this resolved.  You then posted a clear and informative correction when you discovered that it was not entirely their fault.  It takes a big man to admit fully and openly that he made a mistake and publically corrects it.  I wish more people would take this simple lession to heart.  We all make mistakes from time to time and I for one has done my fair share.  It happens, It's how we handle the situation that is the measure of a person.

If your ever at the beer ties, let me know.  I'd like to shake your hand.

Hope the best for the new year,

Aaron