gravelly

Howard A

Jun 28, 2012, 9:55:15 AM6/28/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I went to gravelly this morning before work to fish the outgoing tide.  Nobody was there and stripers were breaking the surface.  I caught over a dozen in the 8-12" range and this one in the picture which was more like 16".  The second picture is a little tough to make out, but it's a guy swimming after his bass boat, which got away from him on the launch.  I watched long enough to make sure he got to it safely. I shouldn't make too much fun, as I had a similar experience with a shoe not too long ago.

Howard
P1040646.JPG
P1040649.JPG

Rich, Marek

Jun 28, 2012, 10:14:28 AM6/28/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Love it when you get the place all to yourself. A rare occurrence!

What’d the big guy bite on?

Adam Soller

Jun 28, 2012, 10:43:46 AM6/28/12
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I was on the water coaching out of the Alexandria boathouse this
morning - great time to be on the water.

Hope to make it out tomorrow.

What time were you down there?
>  P1040646.JPG
> 125KViewDownload
>
>  P1040649.JPG
> 82KViewDownload

Howard A

Jun 28, 2012, 10:56:16 AM6/28/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I caught them all on a 2/0 olive and white clouser.  I fished from 645-745, the fishing trailed off some after about 730.

To be honest on weekday mornings I get it to myself more often than not.

Aaron O

Jun 28, 2012, 11:40:19 AM6/28/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
This time of year, do you normally or ever wet wade there?

Aaron

Rob Snowhite

Jun 28, 2012, 12:17:16 PM6/28/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Stripers were blitzing bait all over the place last night. Emmet and I fished 5:30-8:30. Saw a rabbit come down from the airport side to take a drink. It took off before we could inquire about Peanut. It was a rather large rabbit, possibly lost from an airplane like Peanut. 1" Clouser minnnows and damsel nymphs brought the fish in.

I'll wet wade if I'm going straight home to a shower. If not, I'll put up with standing in swampy waders.

Rob Snowhite

Jun 28, 2012, 1:14:38 PM6/28/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com, Rob Snowhite
Good to know.  I was planning on going to chainbridge today after work but now I think I'l go to Gravelly instead.

Aaron

HeaveToo

Jun 28, 2012, 5:00:46 PM6/28/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
This time of year, is it more about time of day or is it still a current effected bite?

That was priceless about the guy going after his boat.

As far as the Occoquan, there is construction going on in the back area of it so it is muddy in the back end of the river.  It is yielding nothing....zip!  Not even a bluegill.

Shawn

Jun 29, 2012, 4:07:35 PM6/29/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I was going to head out there early in the morning tomorrow since I live 10 minutes away and before it gets too hot. Are you all on the Potomac side or are you fishing the channel between the park and the airport? I haven't not fished that area before. Thanks.