Results are always the same on each page

Steve Dierker

Jul 24, 2012, 12:13:08 PM7/24/12
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello group,

I'm working with sphinx for first time, so please excuse my lack of experience. I think I have a rather simple question about ThinkingSphinx with Rails.
I've configured my model Projects like this:

define_index do
    indexes :name, :as => :projects
    indexes :text, :as => :description
    indexes file.name, :as => :filenames
    indexes object.name, :as => :objects
    indexes file.proxy.clip_description, :as => :proxy_description

    indexes :archived, :as => :archived
  end

If I know perform a query like this to display all projects in my view:
@projects = Project.search "", :match_mode => :extended
I get according to ThinkingSphinx 121 Results on 7 pages, but if I skip through all my pages, every page is exactly the same with exactly the same 20 projects.
So is this intended behaviour and I'am doing something wrong? Or did i configure something wrong?
I even have tried to re-index everything and then perform the query, but the result stays the same.
So, anyone any ideas?

thanks,
Steve

Pat Allan

Jul 24, 2012, 12:17:25 PM7/24/12
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve

Just to confirm: are you passing through the page parameter to the search call?

Project.search '', :match_mode => :extended, :page => params[:page]

Cheers

--
Pat

Steve Dierker