Bug in TestNG 6.7 Eclipse Plugin?

Josh Meier

Jul 25, 2012, 1:39:44 AM7/25/12
to testn...@googlegroups.com
I am seeing an odd behavior with version 6.7 of the Eclipse Plugin where parameters defined in the XML at the suite level are not propagated to the test level, so calling getCurrentXmlTest().getParameters() returns no parameters even when I have them defined.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Cédric Beust ♔

Jul 25, 2012, 1:56:57 AM7/25/12
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

You are correct, it's a regression. I fixed it in master but until a new version comes out, you can use getAllParameters() instead of getParameters() and it should fix your problem (and if you do that, stick to getAllParameters()).

Sorry about that.

--
Cédric

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Josh Meier <mosh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am seeing an odd behavior with version 6.7 of the Eclipse Plugin where parameters defined in the XML at the suite level are not propagated to the test level, so calling getCurrentXmlTest().getParameters() returns no parameters even when I have them defined.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Josh Meier

Cédric Beust ♔

Jul 25, 2012, 2:51:09 PM7/25/12
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

Yes, getAllParameters() is the one to use going forward. I am deprecating getParameters().

--
Cédric

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/testng-dev/-/wxhIYLTD_3YJ.