transit & bus reports

1 view

Daniel Convissor

Jul 21, 2016, 11:02:16 AM7/21/16
to Sust West Trans Land List
Hi Folks:

Making sure you saw two recently released transit reports.

"Who's On Board" with surveys of what riders want.
(TL;DR: fast, frequent service)
http://transitcenter.org/2016/07/12/what-makes-transit-successful-whos-on-board/

"Turnaround" with suggestions on how to improve service
http://transitcenter.org/programs/nyc/turnaround/

See you,

--Dan

--
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DanielConvissor

The climate movement can learn from economic history:
http://shout.lbo-talk.org/lbo/RadioArchive/2015/15_11_05.mp3 (@ 25:53)

Dan Welsh

Jul 21, 2016, 12:17:04 PM7/21/16
to sw_transp...@googlegroups.com
On quick scan, one theme in both of these articles is the high importance of frequency. Rob Baron made the same point in our recent meeting with Tristate and Westchester Community Foundation (about organizing to be more effective, mission etc). Rob suggested that if dollars are not increasing, to get higher utilization/ridership it might be better to reduce peripheral routes and instead increase the frequency in the dense cores, so that people could experience the kind of 15 minute max wait that would make the system more useful for many.

Correct me if I got that wrong Rob!

ca...@bestweb.net

Jul 21, 2016, 11:32:37 PM7/21/16
to sw_transp...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

How do you attract the Bee Line? I've tried through Westchester County
with nothing.
I have an issue in Croton on-Hudson's bus service.
Sunny days, Carl Grimm 914-271-5471