Installing SilverStripe 3 Beta2 - on DreamHost

Siddharth Menon

May 12, 2012, 4:12:39 PM5/12/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I was trying to install on DreamHost and I am getting an error which I am not able to solve.

fileinfo support - fileinfo support not included in PHP.

Since its shared hosting I am not able to find a fix for this.

Ryan Wachtl

May 12, 2012, 4:20:02 PM5/12/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
I believe a new Dreamhost hosting account is configured to use PHP 5.2.x FastCGI. You can go into Manage Domains and edit the hosting settings - Under Web Options update PHP Mode to PHP 5.3.x FastCGI.

- Ryan
Message has been deleted

Sam Minnée

May 13, 2012, 12:32:47 AM5/13/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com, silverst...@googlegroups.com
Ss3 requires PHP 5.3. The installer should have been clearer about that.

Sam Minnée
CEO
SilverStripe

On 13/05/2012, at 4:26 PM, Siddharth Menon <siddhar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks,
Well that was the 1st error I got. I have changed it to 5.3.x Fast CGI :) Only then it proceeded to installation screen.

Does the error mean php is not configured for fileinfo support or my upload files have something missing?

I downloaded latest repo zip from Github
  • Installer
  • Cms
  • Framework

Am I missing something ? :)

Cheers
Siddharth

Siddharth Menon

May 13, 2012, 12:38:27 AM5/13/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Yes my PHP version is 5.3.5

I am getting error for " fileinfo support not included in PHP " on dreamhost.

Trying to look for solution for this.

On Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:42:39 AM UTC+5:30, Siddharth Menon wrote:
I was trying to install on DreamHost and I am getting an error which I am not able to solve.

fileinfo support - fileinfo support not included in PHP.

Since its shared hosting I am not able to find a fix for this.

Ryan Wachtl

May 13, 2012, 12:47:54 AM5/13/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
As I understand it Fileinfo should be enabled by default in PHP 5.3. But if you still get an error than I advise you submit a support ticket to Dreamhost to see what your options for enabling it are.

- Ryan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/silverstripe-dev/-/rZNcT8WFfvsJ.

Sam Minnée

May 13, 2012, 12:55:46 AM5/13/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Fileinfo is part of php 5.3, but we can probably make SilverStripe operate with fewer features rather than prevent its install. I think it's main use is to detect mime-types of files, and so for some uses we could run without it.

On 13/05/2012, at 4:47 PM, Ryan Wachtl wrote:

> As I understand it Fileinfo should be enabled by default in PHP 5.3. But if you still get an error than I advise you submit a support ticket to Dreamhost to see what your options for enabling it are.
>
> - Ryan

-------
Sam Minnée | Chief Executive Officer
SilverStripe
http://silverstripe.com

Phone: +64 4 978 7334
Skype: sam.minnee

Siddharth Menon

May 13, 2012, 1:29:30 AM5/13/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

Okay I think that was a false error.

Previously I had uploaded SS trunk package from github repo, now I tried again from http://www.silverstripe.org/pre-releases/ and its working. I did raise a support ticket but not sure if they did anything so far.

I will try trunk again to confirm if the problem is with installation files.

Thanks
Siddharth

Siddharth Menon

May 13, 2012, 2:00:41 AM5/13/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com

I confirm I get this error "fileinfo support - fileinfo support not included in PHP."  when I am using trunk, github repo zips.

Thanks
Siddharth