Call for teenagers to take part in research on creative arts and mental health

Abigail Barragry

May 31, 2016, 7:28:23 AM5/31/16
to Sheffield-arts-and-wellbeing-network@googlegroups Com
Hi all,

I am currently doing my doctorate research at Sheffield University on the experiences of teenagers who have a mental health issue whilst at secondary school. To explore this I am using a series of creative and expressive arts sessions including role play, collage making and story-boarding. The aim is for young people to share their experiences in order to help schools and services to better help others.

If you know any teenagers who would like to take part, or anyone who might, I'd be really grateful if you could pass this email on. Attached is some extra information and a poster.

As well as the study group, I need TWO teenagers ASAP to do an individual session or two with me as a pilot study. This will involve the young people trying out some of the activities with me and giving me feedback to inform the main part of the study.

All in completely anonymous and has university ethical approval.

Thanks all!

Abi
PS feel free to put up the poster sheets!

Abigail Barragry
- Using the Arts to teach, heal, and inspire
Current publication: 'Autism Arts: A Drama Syllabus for Children on the Autism Spectrum'
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Abigail-Barragry/e/B00JL0506O/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
http://www.pavpub.com/autism-arts-level-1/
Pilot study Information sheet.doc
Invitation to take part in.doc