Re: S#arp Architecture and MVC 4

Alec Whittington

Jul 3, 2012, 10:34:44 AM7/3/12
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Marcos,
    S# has not been updated to use MVC 4, so using it is at your own risk.

As far as the error you are getting it is because you need a binding redirect in your .Web.Mvc project forwarding all calls for MVC 1-4 to MVC 4.

Here is a nice guide to help you manual migrate from 3 to 4. You can pull out the relavent pieces if you are starting with a new project.

Alec

On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 5:48:37 AM UTC-7, Marcos wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm about to start a new project using MVC 4. I tried to configurate S#arp architecture to work with this but I keep getting "Entry point was not found" error.

Has anyone tried to do it successfully?

Thanks
Marcos

Marcos

Jul 3, 2012, 11:54:50 AM7/3/12
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alec.

I'm struggling with configurations but I can't manage to redirect calls. You mentioned a guide, but I couldn't find it. Could you address me to it?

Thanks in advance

Marcos

Alec Whittington

Jul 3, 2012, 1:06:57 PM7/3/12
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about that, forgot to paste the link -  http://www.asp.net/whitepapers/mvc4-release-notes#_Toc303253806

Marcos

Marcos

jordanhammond

Sep 3, 2012, 3:33:17 PM9/3/12
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if the S#arp project is still alive & kicking?

I've used it on a few MVC 2/3 projects and loved the ease and speed of getting a site up & working.

The next project I'd like to use MVC4 but S#arp seems to have gone quiet.  The last blog entry was over a year ago and last build 4 months ago.

Seif Attar

Sep 3, 2012, 8:02:14 PM9/3/12
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Hi jordan,

I am currently maintaining the SharpArch project, it is still alive but not kicking.

Regarding the build, you are probably looking at the master build, which doesn't run until we are ready for release. Not much blog posts going on because we haven't had time to write any and I believe it is better to contribute to the wiki than write a blog post.

Our next priority is to get the ravendb functionality done and dusted (almost there, but fixing some issues found), and then it is upgrading to MVC4, if you want to help with that you are more than welcome, create a branch, update references, add resolvers for castle and that should be it. pull requests are open.

Thanks for your input,
Seif

Sent from my phone

K.

May 13, 2013, 6:24:55 AM5/13/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
 Any plans to update S#arp Architecture to use ASP.NET MVC 4 soon?

Craig van Nieuwkerk

May 13, 2013, 6:26:44 AM5/13/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
I use it with MVC4, but I had to get the source and recompile everything, but it wasn't that hard.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM, K. <k.abu...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Any plans to update S#arp Architecture to use ASP.NET MVC 4 soon?

K.

May 14, 2013, 4:12:00 AM5/14/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
I assume in doing this you will not be able to use the Nuget package for future update, am I right?

csetzkorn

Aug 12, 2013, 5:29:25 AM8/12/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Just curious. What is the state of this? Will there be an 'official MVC 4 edition' of S#arp? Thanks.

Christian

Shatl

Dec 2, 2013, 12:16:42 PM12/2/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
are there any plans to release S# Architecture for MVC4?

Carl Bussema

Dec 2, 2013, 12:28:26 PM12/2/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
I use S#Arp in my MVC4 projects just fine. They're relatively simple projects, not using WebAPI, but everything works fine for me. I followed MS' instructions for updating an MVC3 project to MVC4.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Shatl <v...@alphacloud.net> wrote:
Hi guys,
are there any plans to release S# Architecture for MVC4?

Shatl

Dec 4, 2013, 1:46:16 PM12/4/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com
It would be great to have NuGet package released for it.
Do you know when it could happen?

On Monday, December 2, 2013 12:28:26 PM UTC-5, Carl B wrote:
I use S#Arp in my MVC4 projects just fine. They're relatively simple projects, not using WebAPI, but everything works fine for me. I followed MS' instructions for updating an MVC3 project to MVC4.
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Shatl <v...@alphacloud.net> wrote:
Hi guys,
are there any plans to release S# Architecture for MVC4?

Seif Attar

Dec 4, 2013, 1:56:34 PM12/4/13
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the pestering :) just finished setting up Windows on my laptop, will get started on this mid December, expect mvc4 and webapi support  by end of February 2014. Sorry for putting this on hold for so long.

Christian Setzkorn

Dec 4, 2013, 2:14:19 PM12/4/13
to S#arp Architecture

Thanks Seif! I might try to contribute as well.

Christian

Colin

Feb 20, 2014, 10:13:50 AM2/20/14
to sharp-arc...@googlegroups.com