Scalaris people, stakeholders and community

adr...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2013, 12:17:39 PM1/7/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hello and happy new year,

I'm discovering scalaris. It seems very interesting ...and strange ;-)

I'd like to know more after reading the FAQ. The project page on Google code has a link to this "group". I see some annonces and only 5 threads for the whole 2012 year. Is it the right place to ask user questions ?

There seems to be some fragmentation with scalaris, scalarix and scalaxis (and more ?). Is there some forum like https://bbs.archlinux.org/ where forces merge and newbies get their questions moderated and triaged to scale ?

Thanks in advance for hints and pointers.

Pierre M.

Florian Schintke

Jan 7, 2013, 5:27:32 PM1/7/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

yes, this is the right mailinglist for questions on Scalaris, the open
source project. The name Scalarix is used for a commercial version of
it. Scalaxis seems to be dead, if I see it correct, as the last update
was more than a year ago.

Florian
> --

Florian

adr...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2013, 9:08:35 AM1/8/13
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hello Florian,

thank you for answering and for the informations.
I'm going to post my beginner questions one at a time in its own thread.

Happy scaling

Pierre M.

Le lundi 7 janvier 2013 23:27:32 UTC+1, Florian a écrit :
Hi,

yes, this is the right mailinglist for questions on Scalaris, the open
source project. The name Scalarix is used for a commercial version of
it. Scalaxis seems to be dead, if I see it correct, as the last update
was more than a year ago.

Florian

> Hello and happy new year,
>
> I'm discovering scalaris. It seems very interesting ...and strange ;-)
>
> I'd like to know more after reading the FAQ. The project page on Google
> code has a link to this "group". I see some annonces and only 5 threads for
> the whole 2012 year. Is it the right place to ask user questions ?
>
> There seems to be some fragmentation with scalaris, scalarix and scalaxis
> (and more ?). Is there some forum like https://bbs.archlinux.org/ where
> forces merge and newbies get their questions moderated and triaged to scale
> ?
>
> Thanks in advance for hints and pointers.
>
> Pierre M.

Florian