[V-SIC] Ensign T'Katt Dugoras- Scan my brain Doc

Yroc Llah

Jun 3, 2018, 3:03:54 PM6/3/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
( Sickbay, USS Veritas )

(OOC: This scene takes place after his workout in the gym.)

:: T'Katt felt much better after his workout. After he had showered he dressed in his uniform and headed towards Sickbay. He had a little while longer before he was on duty and he assumed he would have time to check in with Doctor Skyfire for the physical he hadn't gotten to take due to the sudden events kicked off by Kallo. While there he planned on asking for a scan of his cognitive functions.::

oO My brain has always scanned normal, but could I have developed some sort of issue since my last one. Vulcan's are susceptible to a few dangerous neural issues and Human's have many neural issues's among their species... perhaps my genetic structure is failing in some way? Oo

:: T'Katt was so lost in thought as he entered the sickbay he hadn't even noticed he had arrived at his destination until he found his path blocked by a biobed.::

Skyfire: Everything alright, counselor?

:: T'Katt stood still moving only his head to look at the Doctor. For a moment as he finished his thoughts and fully realized where he was he stared blankly at the Lieutenant, he then plastered his usual partial smile on his face and fully turned to greet him.::

Dugoras: Sorry about that I have been spacing out pretty bad lately...

Skyfire: What brings you in today, T’Katt?

Dugoras: Well I missed my chance to meet for my physical so I thought I'd stop in before my shift begins. If I am interrupting you I can schedule for later.

Skyfire: It’s no interruption, I assure you. Let me just prepare this biobed for you real quick.

:: T'Katt waited a moment as the Doctor prepared, he knew Vulcan hybrids were becoming more common and the medical research on them has become very detailed but he was not a normal case hybrid. His genetic structure hadn't developed properly in the womb on its own and had needed to be repaired. Now even though his lineage was Vulcan and Klingon, T'Katt also had Human genetic adaptations, human organs, Kilngon organs, Vulcan organs and a genetic code that was virtually non-existent anywhere else in the galaxy.::

Skyfire: Have a seat.

Dugoras: My genetic restructuring and modifications are detailed in my Starfleet academy Doctor's reports, they contain the original files from my Vulcan and Klingon Doctor's as a youth as well.

:: The Doctor drummed his fingers on the side of the console while he waited for the computer. He quickly reviewed T'Katts files.::

Skyfire:  So I see.

Dugoras: I'm sure things are fine and will go smoothly, but while I was here I was hoping to get some more in-depth scans done.

Skyfire: Okay. :: He paused for a moment. :: What am I looking for?

Dugoras: My cognitive functions, I find my self-zoning out in my thoughts often and deeply lately as well I have had a hard time meditating and I am curious what the results may or may not turn up.

Skyfire: Okay. In that case, I’d like you to step over here to the imaging chamber and we’ll get started.

Dugoras: Alright. :: He followed the Doctor.::

:: Once T'Katt had complied with the doctor’s request, the tests began. The machine ran for a good time signaling to T'Katt that the Doctor was running a detailed scan as he had wanted. When the chamber opened and revealed T'Katt to the lights of the sickbay once again he found the Doctor ready to review the results. ::

Skyfire: Let’s take a look at what we have, shall we?

Dugoras: After you. :: He climbed down from the machine and again followed the Doctor.::

Skyfire: Well...how long ago did these difficulties in meditation begin?

Dugoras: I had an experience twice that was quite different from my usual meditations, the last one being Mei'Konda and Delano's wedding, after those two experiences I'd say is when it happened.

Skyfire: I’m seeing a bit of neural degeneration here:: as he pointed to an area in the left hemisphere of the brain, near the telepathic lobe. :: and an increase in neural activity over here. :: near the sensory areas. :: It is possible that it’s caused by a hormonal imbalance, due to your unique genome. I’d need to run a blood panel to get hormone levels to check for an imbalance.

Dugoras: A hormonal imbalance would be preferable to some sort of neurosis... ::Pause:: How would you like to proceed?

Skyfire: Blood draw now and I’ll contact you when I have something. Got it.

Dugoras: OK, I'll do some of my own research as well. Thank you Doctor Skyfire.

:: T'Katt allowed the Doctor to withdraw some blood.::

Dugoras: Is there anything else we need to cover for the physical? I can assure you in all other area's I feel fine.

Skyfire: Response

Dugoras: Then I'll leave you to your's Doctor, it's about time for my shift, feel free to stop by if you need to discuss anything.

Skyfire: Response

:: With that goal crossed off his list, he exited the sickbay feeling much better. He was hopeful he and Chythar could figure out what was going on with him.::

TAG/TBC

Ensign T'Katt Dugoras

Counselor

USS Veritas NCC-95035