shabda-sAgara dictionary.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Mar 26, 2015, 11:38:09 PM3/26/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com, संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH
​A new stardict dictionary is available for our enjoyment. Example output:
From shabda-sAgara

निरृति

निरृति¦ mfn. (-तिः-तिः-ति) Free from violence, tyranny, &c. m. (-तिः) A demi-god and ruler of the south-west quarter: see नैरृति f. (-तिः) 1. Misfortune, calamity. 2. Security, prosperity, immunity from tyranny or violence. E. निर् implying reverse, ऋति good fortune, &c.

​How to get it/ install it?​

If you have Android 5.0+, you can use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sanskritcode.sanskritdictionaryupdater to install some common dictionaries in one shot. ( I am aware that lower android versions have problems.)
  • Instructions from aupAsana.com here.
  • Further tips for Linux and Android here.
  • Recommendations for dictionary apps
Vishvas /विश्वासः

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Mar 27, 2015, 10:26:58 AM3/27/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com, संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH, th.m...@uni-koeln.de
+ Thomas Malten

Can anyone here add Jim Funderburk (who maintains http://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de/ ) to this thread? I wanted to thank him for making avialable the digitized sources of these wonderful dictionaries in the first place; and notify him about our plans/ progress in making them available in the stardict format ( https://sites.google.com/site/sanskritcode/dictionaries ) for use offline with mobile phones/ tablets etc..

Mārcis Gasūns

Mar 31, 2015, 8:50:34 AM3/31/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com, sams...@googlegroups.com, th.m...@uni-koeln.de
Visvhvas, better say thanks here https://github.com/sanskrit-lexicon Jim will read.